The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car let me down coming back from TOTB :(

Jake

Just got back from TOTB. I'm knackered.

For some reason the undertray broke in the middle and fell to the ground but was still bolted on at both sides. It was making a terrible noise of course so I had to remove it by the roadside. I was shitting myself laid under the car on the hard shoulder of the M1 with all those sodding great trucks thundering by.

Aaaanyway, TOTB was good fun. It's always nice to see all the usual suspects and meet some more new faces. All the runners seemed to have problems of one sort or another but most were overcome successfully, apart from Leon - poor bloke.

I was particularly chuffed for Ian C and Dave Cummings (SecondJump) who both smashed their previous bests.

The night out was errr interesting although I have heard through the grapevine that one of our members got completely shitfaced and embarrased himself. I can't say I noticed anyone acting like that but that might be because I was sadly taken a bit ill - think I must've had a dodgy pint or something.

:innocent: :D

The night out was errr interesting although I have heard through the grapevine that one of our members got completely shitfaced and embarrased himself. I can't say I noticed anyone acting like that but that might be because I was sadly taken a bit ill - think I must've had a dodgy pint or something.

Not gonna say a word Jake........doh! :taped:

Guest Terry S
Just got back from TOTB. I'm knackered.

For some reason the undertray broke in the middle and fell to the ground but was still bolted on at both sides. It was making a terrible noise of course so I had to remove it by the roadside. I was shitting myself laid under the car on the hard shoulder of the M1 with all those sodding great trucks thundering by.

Aaaanyway, TOTB was good fun. It's always nice to see all the usual suspects and meet some more new faces. All the runners seemed to have problems of one sort or another but most were overcome successfully, apart from Leon - poor bloke.

I was particularly chuffed for Ian C and Dave Cummings (SecondJump) who both smashed their previous bests.

Gutted for you mate.

Who was the joker who answered the phone in the Chinese.....

I agree, it's only an undertray - no biggie.

I wasn't meaning to cry about it, just saying it was a pain to happen on the way home. Could've been worse.

The car sounds really different without it though. At least if I drop a socket in the engine bay now it'll probably fall straight through.

At least if I drop a socket in the engine bay now it'll probably fall straight through.

They do :D

Now that I have an undertray to put back on I might see if I can cut in access flaps to it! Not as daft an idea as it sounds IMO :D

I sympathise with your "thundering juggernaut" situation though, always terrifying.

-Ian

jake,

i think i saw you on the way back.

I was in the fast lane (dark blue veilside) at around a 100, as i passed a truck and i saw a dark silver supra on the hard shoulder and a guy standing at the front of it.

I wanted to stop and help but it was just too late for me to try and stop and get over the lanes.

It was somewhere between nottingham and loughborough turning yes? (junc 23-23?