The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Next weekend's project - Help may be needed

garetheves

Heres a quick picture of my job for next weekend, fitting Uk brakes.

Me and a mate are planning to do this but i am calling for help from anyone local that is free Saturday (and maybe Sunday depending how long it takes) preferebly with experience but if not, every set of hands help.

I will be supplying endless bacon butties, tea/coffee and a few beers afterwards (mixed into Shandy of course ;) )

I have the disks, callipers, pads and hoses already, am getting fluid this week and have heard i need a shim kit from toyota (part number needed if anyone knows it). Is there anything else i need apart from the right tools and WD40 so i can be prepared?

Cheers guys

P.S.. Cheers to Michel Lane for the callipers and arranging the importing of the disks and pads.

DSCF0209.JPG

was told by toyota part number was

shim kit 04945-14110 £8.47 +vat

fitting kit 04947-14010 £19.75 +vat

Whats included in the fitting kit? Do i need both or will the fitting kit come with shims??

forget the shims, get some ebc redstuff pads, come with special material on back of the pad, shims go in the bin not on your car

How come mate??