The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTBIV - Any news yet ?

Sharpie

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From GTR Board

According to Crash.Net radio the 1/4 mile times were - wasnt fast enough to get all the names !!

1 Keith Cowie Skyline 9.4 156

2 WRX 9.93 143

3 Tim Webster R3? 9.95 150

4 Evo 10.24 139

5 Paul WRX STI 10.31 140

6 Mo ? R33 10.37

7 John reynolds R33 10.40

8 Grant MK1 GOLF!!! 10.40 135

9 Mike Maynard R34 10.45 145

10 Adrian Smith Corrola 10.47 142

11 SUPRA 10.62

12 Neil ? Westfield

13 Joe VIPER 10.7 136

14 Mike Ward Evo6 10.78 147

15 Subaru 10.9 127

yeah CRD blew a gearbox i think on one run, Kevin had a little ECU issue which was sorted, best was an 11.6 i think - not bad on a patched up clutch! his quickest terminal speed was 144 i think. Leon had a few issues, didn't see him again after his 2nd run.

WRX from Iceland was awesome, quickest 1/4 mile in the world apparently @ 9.94. It's 60ft time was 1.1s!!

Edit - CRD got a 10.62

just got back was a ok day.got up at 6am set off about 730am and just got in at 730pm. i got told leon did bottom end in. and so did crd. then later found out crd had trouble with propshaft and envy lent them there propshaft so crd could go on to win the rwd final against a viper.

dee won 2 trophys

the viper won top speed of 200.1mph

must say the food vans were a piss take 2 cheese burgers and 2 coffees £9.60

a cup of coffee was £1.60

good job i took loads of grub and drinks were free at the monkey motorsports mobile canteen.

leons car got a good start then a bit down track tyres smoking leaving what must be a 100 foot tyre lines.

seen a few people

eyefi and jane

mcanny

ian c

matt h

terry

branners

thorin and g/f

skyline lee

gaz walker did not see kevin.

was ok day i thought. keith cowie got loads of trophys

just got back went up with stu fraser good day out.

well done to the envy team for lending crd their propshaft if they hadnt dee had to retire basically, so top marks for envy in helping out and enabling crd to run.

that r32 ran consistently awesome.

envy got top speed of 189.9 not bad considering it had few problems and not running to its potential due to clutch and coolant pipes.

met loads of people and took 100 photos during day which i will put on other thread.

i did not see the corvette. there was supposed to be a high power ultima gtr too. the toilets were crap. the seating was errm crap.

yes good to see supra guys helping each other out. wonder why crd selling the supra?

can wait for peoples times to come in.

well done anyone who took part

i got loads of pics n vids on camera 600 megs worth lol

that granada v8 supercharged sounded one of best cars there. keith cowie is in a different league. that pro driver in blue scooby did a 9 second run. what a set up they have even had a motec guy in pit crew. its getting more and more for pros and tuners than man on the street.

shame really

Good day had here too. Nice to put faces to names. Spoke to Jake and Branners, drooled over loads of Supras especially Dale's. Food was a joke. Had a good ogle at some 'alternative' bodywork. Got turned pink by the sun again. Like I say, a good day. Shame there was no-one to have fun with on the journey home.

have you recovered yet?
Ha ha. TBH I'm not got at talking to new people so, thankfully, everyone was a tad busy and I could get on with drooling.

Would probably be better to meet everyone at a show rather than a competition.

Ro, We didn't meet. You might have seen me though. Tall, desperately in need of a shave and carrying a backpack and camera. I developed an unhealthy obsession with the Envy car. You might have seen me taking loads of pics of it.