The mkiv Supra Owners Club

auto box probs

baldy

had the trans apart today as the bearing in the pump had spun out of the casing and stuck on the converter.

has any1 else experienced this?

anyway got the new pump casing from toyota £125 not so bad i think

just a bit worrying when you have to start taking clutch's apart to get thigs back together,but all seems cool,

its nice having some power again,been off road 4 about 6weeks now

had the tc put back in car and was no good, if you held on foot brake and try build revs up it would go to 3000 then drop to zero then back up to 3000. so got a new tc and all is well. chris fitted me a new gearbox filter. the old tc is in shed and needs to be sent back for a re stall.

chris can you get a new pump as my spare gearbox needs one?

box generally looking good,

has about 65000miles on it,

it was ok till i did some left foot brakin full throttle launches then the pump bearing said thats enough of that

but all seems ok,apart from round the pump case is an 'o' ring but toyota couldnt help on this any one know a part number for this,just incase it starts to leak

cheers baldy