The mkiv Supra Owners Club

She breathes again... hard!

Gaz Walker

After all the problems with the car its finally put down some big numbers at Thor.

799 @ the hubs on 105 octane fuel @ 1.8 bar :clap: (950hp @ the flywheel)

745 @ the hubs on optimax @ 1.8 bar!

The car can take so much more its keeping the bloody coolant pipes on thats the problem even with double Mikalor's! It's again blew a coolant pipe off covering Nod at Thor and our Robert in boiling water! :(

We'll put down a 1000hp run before the season is out though. :p

The boys are chuffed to bits at the power it makes on road fuel, with it being one of the highest recorded, beat the Mclaren F1 by 200hp ;)

Thanks to Thor again for pulling out the stops to get it running for TOTB.

Regards,

Gaz.

Glad to hear it Gaz! :) Good luck for tommorow guys.

well done, hope to see your times get beaten on. would have been cool to see so many high power supras running.

paul w

kevin h

leon

crd

dude

Hasnt Paul had to pull out?

Hope the weather stays fine for you guys, have fun Mark :)

Glad to hear it Gaz! :) Good luck for tommorow guys.

Hasnt Paul had to pull out?

Hope the weather stays fine for you guys, have fun Mark :)

thats why i put WOULD HAVE BEEN COOL

will be great to see so many good cars in action

hope there is some vipers there.

:respekt:

After all the problems with the car its finally put down some big numbers at Thor.

799 @ the hubs on 105 octane fuel @ 1.8 bar :clap: (950hp @ the flywheel)

745 @ the hubs on optimax @ 1.8 bar!

Not being a Supra owner - so just asking a question (not trying to start a debate), but isn't that a LARGE transmission loss ? (circa 150hp ?) I know on STOCK GTR Skyline tranimssion the losses on a Dynapack are 70hp ... are you running completely different transmission ? On a RWD Skyline the standard tranmission losses on a Dynapack are about 30hp.

SUPERB at the hubs figures though ... i'd like to have those kind of numbers on my 32 GTR ... but finances do not allow it ! :(

Thanks.

Daz

Not being a Supra owner - so just asking a question (not trying to start a debate), but isn't that a LARGE transmission loss ? (circa 150hp ?) I know on STOCK GTR Skyline tranimssion the losses on a Dynapack are 70hp ... are you running completely different transmission ? On a RWD Skyline the standard tranmission losses on a Dynapack are about 30hp.

SUPERB at the hubs figures though ... i'd like to have those kind of numbers on my 32 GTR ... but finances do not allow it ! :(

Thanks.

Daz

Transmission losses are calculated as a percentage, so the higher hp you run the more you will loose. Typically, transmission losses for a manual car are estimated to be around 20%.

Transmission losses are calculated as a percentage, so the higher hp you run the more you will loose. Typically, transmission losses for a manual car are estimated to be around 20%.

How can they be a percentage ?

I thought you lost X amount through transmission and that was a constant loss ?

A set of gears cannot change the amount that they lose ... they lose a set amount, and that's it.

Daz

Wow, nice work Envy and Thor :clap: Can't wait to hear how it goes today.

How can they be a percentage ?

I thought you lost X amount through transmission and that was a constant loss ?

A set of gears cannot change the amount that they lose ... they lose a set amount, and that's it.

Daz

Those in the know say a certain amount of the losses will be fixed and a certain amount will rise in relation to the output, so I think your right that you can't just use a set percentage on a 300bhp car and then the same on a 800bhp car personally.

I prefer Puma Racings calculation which they say has been the most accurate they have been able to come up with based on having engines out the car on the bench compared to the chassis dyno and input from manufacturers.

They say for RWD use RWHP + 10 /.88 They say that this still allows a small percentage gain to reflect the percentage part of the losses while adding on a small fixed gain for the part that isn't. So ignoring any hub to wheels minor differences it would be 799 + 10 /.88 = 919bhp. But if the cars auto you would have to bear that in mind ofcourse as it will loose a little more, just to add to the confusion :innocent:

WRC Technologies use the same method too

A rule of thumb we use which is quite accurate is to treat the losses as being 12% of the flywheel power plus 10 bhp for RWD cars. This equation "loads" low powered cars more than high powered cars which is more closely like what happens in reality. Remember, these percentages are just good realistic averages.

Such an interesting yet frustrating subject isn't it :shrug: