The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Does This Mean?

nismo_lp

What would it mean if after booting the supe for a bit then bring it back to idle the engine management light and the warning light coming on (idles at lo revs) .... then pulling away the car starting cutting out and spluttering and generally not wanting to move (almost stalling), coming to a stop and letting it idle again and the car jumping back to life and suddenly being fine with no probs !???

Loose spark plugs? Fuel pump problems???? :thanks:

oh its a completely standard 6TT at a 95 with low miles

sometimes i can do 150+ and others 120 then a brick wall, i can give it large one day and then another no 2nd turbo when you kickdown :scare: so you tell me cos my supe seems to do what it wants, and i cant find the problem the car seems fine most of the time :drown:

So does the yellowish engine light and warning light come on... and stay on?

Thanks for all your help ... bit upset about the situation :cry: ... think im probably panicking a bit too much tho ... how long has your been acting up for?

for about a month but can't afford to get it looked at cos i know its an involved fault finding process wich means ££££££££££ in labour :drown:

Just took it out for a slow ride to she how she goes.... the cars running in perfect condition now... even tho i gave it a little bit of a hammering... not even a peep... could this have been a fuel problem???

The problem only occurred after i gave it a PROPER thrash so its making me think because ive have the rear de-cat and not upgraded the fuel pump (yet) that i kind of temporarily starved the engine of petrol (the pump can only handle a slight thrash).

Or am i just talking complete shite???