The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To facelift or not to facelift, that is the question!

dilocruzy

I've got facelift lights in one Supra and UKs in the other. I think the UKs look better.

With the UK lights, if you stand looking at the car sideways on, it appears to have a larger bulge at the top of the lens giving the car an even more bug eyed look, its probably nothing but it makes me think "Wrong". :shrug:

Your photo dosen't show it very well, the next time your standing next to your two cars run your fingers over the top of the len above the where the fog light is on both and you'll feel that the glass lamps have a more promenant bulge at that point.

Like I say, its probably nothing but since I first noticed it every time I see a car with UK's in its the first thing my eyes are drawn to and I can't bring myself to like it.

Its just me being weird, don't worry about it. :looney:

If it didnt matter why ask? :shrug:

Think thats what im going for too, love the facelifts but why leave plastic to go back to it?

Thanks boyos! :clap:

Does it matter what we think? Do what you think looks best!

Personally - I love the facelift look...but then I also liked mine with the four sidelights (old style lamps plus face lift indicators).

Think thats what im going for too, love the facelifts but why leave plastic to go back to it?

I might be slightly biased here but definitely facelifts for me evrytime, much more modern mean look IMO.

BTW I don't know if Toyota changed the materials used in the facelift headlights, but they seem to be a lot more harder wearing compared to the pre-facelift headlights. I've had my facelift headlights fitted for around 6 years and they still look like new.

I might be slightly biased here but definitely facelifts for me evrytime, much more modern mean look IMO.

BTW I don't know if Toyota changed the materials used in the facelift headlights, but they seem to be a lot more harder wearing compared to the pre-facelift headlights. I've had my facelift headlights fitted for around 6 years and they still look like new.

I'll second that! :thumbs:

I'm sure they are made of better materials, they dont seem to yellow so much.

I think facelifts probably work well, the only reservation IMHO is on a black car where that grey seems to look a bit dull whereas the silver is a good contrast. I'm 50/50 myself (have a black car) but like gazboy says I'll probably put the money to performance mods firstly anyway :)

I think facelifts probably work well, the only reservation IMHO is on a black car where that grey seems to look a bit dull whereas the silver is a good contrast.

2nd that opinion, toyed with getting the facelift for the rear but as Chilli says the originals look great on black.

Here’s some pics of my car with genuine facelift rears and 'facelifted' fronts. Draw your own conculsions - I know some that like them, some that don't :rolleyes: :)

Personally I like the look, the rears have a more even contrast between the bulb colours and the fronts just make the whole car look more modern.

That said I still think the glass UK front lights look very, very good (particularly when the interiors are painted black/grey!).

Laz, I know what you mean about the bulge on them, its very noticeable IMO!

facelift front.jpg

Facelift rear.jpg