The mkiv Supra Owners Club

buying my first supra

Vagnum

Hi i'm new to this site and supras, i've been driving a mr2 turbo for the past 10 mouths and now want a supra tt i've been offered a 1995 silver rz 6 speed

for round 9,000 by a importer, from the pics he's sent me it look's really good, is that a good price?

if someone tells me how i will put the pics up!

Hi i'm new to this site and supras, i've been driving a mr2 turbo for the past 10 mouths and now want a supra tt i've been offered a 1995 silver rz 6 speed

for round 9,000 by a importer, from the pics he's sent me it look's really good, is that a good price?

Hi G :welcome: to the club.

Impossible to say if it is a fair price or not from the info. Can you post photos (link to website), mileage, list of any modifications, etc. Also who is the importer, as others may have good/bad experience of using them before?

To post pics, scroll down and press the 'Manage Attachments' button, press one of the 'choose file' buttons and select your photo file and press 'choose', repeat for multiple photo files, then press 'upload' button. It will take a few seconds to upload files. If it doesn't work it may be that the files are too big and need reducing in size, it will give you message if this is the case.

Welcome :)

Seems like a good price but would depend on a mileage and condition (which is impossible to tell from pics). What is the mileage? Mods? Who is the importer (might well be someone we know here)? Can you post the pics up?

EDIT: Doh - Beaten to it! Nic, glad we agree :D

41,550miles (67,000KM)

COLOR SILVER

Power Steering

Electric Windlows

Air Conditioning

ABS

FACTORY FULL BODY KIT

18INCH 2 PIECE ALLOY

ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION (HKS)

BIG EXHAUST PIPE

BLOW OFF VALVE (BLITZ)

SPORTS AIR CLEANER

STRUT BRACE

3 GAGES ON THE DASH BOARD

2 PILLOW GAGES

FACTORY NAVI MONITOR

TURBO TIMER

RECARO SEATS (DRIVER AND PASSENGER)

SPORTS CLUTCH

LSD

SPORT STEERING AND SHIFT KNOB

TRD 300KM METER

WOOFER (ALPIN)

my supra.JPG

2.JPG

6.JPG

4.JPG

10.JPG

Some nice mods there and it doesn't seem to have been done on the cheap. My only concern would be: Why would all those gauges be added to a stock (i.e. fully catted) Supra, seems kind of pointless. It could indicate the car has been de-catted previously and been running a little higher boost than normal... though this is purely speculation.

The mileage seems very low considering the price, has it got a report from BIMTA? It'll be well worth it to confirm the mileage is accurate.

If that report turns out good then you have a nice Supra for the money :)

Looks a tidy car from the photos, with some good quality modifications. I presume the car is still in Japan from the photos, can you find out what auction grade it is, this will give you a good idea of the overall condition and whether it has had any accident repair.

Provided there is no accident damage, mileage is genuine and the engine/mechanicals are in good condition then price seems fair. Will you get a dealer warranty?

Guest dappastyle

If i was in the position to get a supra I'd snap that off now.

I'm in the same position as you, MR2 tubby thinking of upgrading to a Supppppra :D

Guest Sakura

Do you realise that Autoadvan usually lists prices exclusive of charges? So be careful that the price you have been given includes everything. The use Ebay a lot, and the winning bid price is not the price you pay! Otherwise:

What you have to pay is the following:

Shipping: £450 for a sports car to £650 for a MPV

VAT and Import duty .Please contact us for an accurate quote on this.

Shipping agent fee £170

MOT and Registration £50 plus £50 in parts for rear fog light and easy fit speedo converter.

SVA test for all vehicles under 10 years old only (£180) + model report if made after 1997.

(The blue text is directly from Autoadvan's website)

#

Remember once you get the car you may need to give it a full service, new tyres, breaks, tax, mot... can add up!