The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Max Oil Pressure

tonyhawk

I've had a hunt around in the forum as well as on the web and in my workshop manual, but I cannot find a max PSI rating for oil at the red line.

As some of you may know I had an oil pressure problem recently which I have just resolved (stuck oil pressure release valve), and while I was there I put a pressure gauge in. I have just run up the engine and all seems well, but I was wondering what the oil pressure should be at the red line when hot?

In the manual it says that the pressure should be 4.3psi at idle and between 43-78psi at 3000rpm, which means mine is spot on, but it then climbs a up to about 90-95 psi (hard to tell as the gauge goes up in 20's) at the red line. Is this normal?

Thanks

Cheers mate, she's been off the road for about 6 months now what with one thing or another and I was so happy when she sprang into life after only two turns! :nana:

I put the sandwich plate in this evening and put everything back into place, cranked it over for a while to get the oil round, reconnected the coils, then crank, crank, boom!!! :clap:

Very happy; just seeing the pressure rise like that, when I haven't seen it on a guage before made me paranoid that the problem might have gone the other way!

All I need now is an MOT and Tax... :cry: