The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spun the Supra this morning!!!

Burna

As the title says, came as a bit of a surprise :scare:

I was heading from Lye to the Stourbrdge ring road I started to go round the bend that feeds onto the ring road (just by the BP garage) the back end starts to drift out :eek: tried my best to control it but still ending up facing the wrong way :( Luckily I managed to avoid both kurbs (sheer luck!) and luckily it was 7:20am and there wasn't a que for the ring road :blink:

What caused this spin could be the wet road, could be diesel from the BP garage, probably down to the fact I was going a little to fast for the road conditions :stupid:

I think I will go through Oldswinford tomorrow morning.

Play safe kids.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is standard traction control poo then?

It's downright dangerous, as it completely cuts the power, literally for seconds. This is the last thing you want when turning right at a T junction and you get a quick break in the traffic, so you go for it and end up sat in the middle of the junction with no power and a HUGE truck barrelling down on you :eek: :help: :scare:

It's downright dangerous, as it completely cuts the power, literally for seconds. This is the last thing you want when turning right at a T junction and you get a quick break in the traffic, so you go for it and end up sat in the middle of the junction with no power and a HUGE truck barrelling down on you :eek: :help: :scare:

Exacty what happened to me when I first got the car, double decker bus from hell barrelling down on me!!!

As the title says, came as a bit of a surprise :scare:

I was heading from Lye to the Stourbrdge ring road I started to go round the bend that feeds onto the ring road (just by the BP garage) the back end starts to drift out :eek: tried my best to control it but still ending up facing the wrong way :( Luckily I managed to avoid both kurbs (sheer luck!) and luckily it was 7:20am and there wasn't a que for the ring road :blink:

What caused this spin could be the wet road, could be diesel from the BP garage, probably down to the fact I was going a little to fast for the road conditions :stupid:

I think I will go through Oldswinford tomorrow morning.

Play safe kids.

Forget speed in the wet.......RLTC is good for putting power down but wont stop you drifting or under/oversteer........just take care in the wet.....I practice extreme caution in the wet......ive had a spin in mine when iI first got the car......bear in mind the Supra is a high performance car and trying to dump 300+ bhp through the back wheels in wet conditions your asking for trouble....still as nick said, if this is your thing then RLTC will help you accelerate in the wet....me im a plain jane in the wet....then let it rip when its dry

Glad you didnt damage anything though

Forget speed in the wet.......RLTC is good for putting power down but wont stop you drifting or under/oversteer........just take care in the wet.....I practice extreme caution in the wet......ive had a spin in mine when iI first got the car......bear in mind the Supra is a high performance car and trying to dump 300+ bhp through the back wheels in wet conditions your asking for trouble....still as nick said, if this is your thing then RLTC will help you accelerate in the wet....me im a plain jane in the wet....then let it rip when its dry

Glad you didnt damage anything though

It was more like a drift than an aggresive spin, I was steadily on the brake when it happened not the gas, guess it just locked up.

It was more like a drift than an aggresive spin, I was steadily on the brake when it happened not the gas, guess it just locked up.

It could be diesel on the road you know. Very sneaky, I've totalled a car because of diesel on a tight bend.

Standard Traction control can work either for you or against you in my experience...

The Face lift model...has a slightly better system in my opinion...its a two stage one I guess...

The worst situation is when you are entering from a slip road or coming off the rounderbout and you havent..quite..exactly straightened up but you start to accelerate (not even that fast)...thats when she goes and thats when the traction works against you and seems to help the back end to slip out even more...

I dont have RLTC..though i'm not a great believer in it either...coz i think it will lure me into a false sence of security and I'll end up killing someone or myself...just go easy in the wet..anyone who goes mad in the wet is suicidel.

it does take you by complete surprise the first few times it happens..but eventually you get more of a feel and learn the bounderies..

Glad you are ok...is scary when it happens!

Si

:eek2: :cool: