The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hope i can get some help.. autobox Soarer

bedlam

Ok

Hope some of you more techy people on here might be able to help me out with a problem my autobox seems to have develpoed..

Car is a Soarer TT...with the vortex single kit on it..and full emange setup..and is running 430bhp+.

Now the autobox seems to be having a little problem..in that it now likes to change around 7,500/7,800, when we blat the car along our private road.

Now we have just changed all fluids and i mean change complete flush in the box.

The box is silky smooth driving normal..and if i accelerate hard and just ease of the pedal the box will change fine.

If i do a 1/4 mile start..ie..hold brake on left foot and take revs to 2,800, then the car pulls like mad but the box is changing way up to high.

Now it seems the box is pulling the timing cause it sees the revs are to high...and the car aint playing nice.

So any help on this prob would be well appreciated

Cheers

Andy

Update

Well it looks like the box is knackered..as i have checked the fluid level and it is fine, it selects forward gears fine and drives ok, but when i select reverse, the car goes into reverse fine but wont reverse at any speed 3,000rpm and the car just trundles back slowly.

So would i be right in saying the box is kaput :).

Andy

Ok

Smarty

thanks for the good wishes mate :).

Gaz

I really DO hope your not having the exact same prob as ours.

As our box was well fecked the bands where worn badly which is the reason your car is revving so high as the torque converter is spinning up to much.

We have not fitted another box and the car is perfect now..change is spot on.

Best of luck with yuor car gaz.

Andy

PS

thats a sure sign the box is on it's way out when reverse goes .