The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fuel dampner bypass mod parts

supradibbs

i fitted one to mine a while back. was going to get some made up for a mini group buy but nobody was intrested think they was going to be about £45 to get made up with fittings. that was for 10 quantity.

i also got one in my fuel kit too.pretty easy to fit just a bit fiddly

Chris

Yes could you expand on your remark..asi was thinking of doing this myself, after reading this ..

There's a part called a fuel damper stabilizing the fuel pressure which weakens with age. Either replace or remove it to avoid drops in fuel pressure.

That quote was taken from this..

http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/articles/article.php?cat=&id=13

Andy

Do you really believe that Toyota would fit a part in the fuel system that is totally, utterly, completely redundant and useless?

It is meant to absorb the pressure spikes between the pump and the injectors, prolonging the life of the lot.

If yours is knackered, just replace it with a new one.

People have been doing this 'mod' on fuel systems all the time, it's not just a Supra thing. But why compromise a design that works?

the mod is there if your fuel line is on the limit of it's flow and you want to eek a bit more out of it, it's pointless otherwise. just like any other alteration it compromises toyota's design, if you want to keep stock service levels then leave the car stock. if you're worried about getting an extra few thousand miles out of your fuel system then it's not for you but if your return line is nearly dry at WOT and you don't want to replace the whole fuel line, then it may help.

i fitted one to mine a while back. was going to get some made up for a mini group buy but nobody was intrested think they was going to be about £45 to get made up with fittings. that was for 10 quantity.

i also got one in my fuel kit too.pretty easy to fit just a bit fiddly

mark, im making my own fuel kit. can you list each part? i also need all the fittings to run a 6- line from fuel tank to filter from a dual pump set up. need to buy these asap.