The mkiv Supra Owners Club

f con v help

supradibbs

looking at getting one of these as i have been offered one by a freind as he suggested it may help my fueling problem

Bascaily i do not have enough fueling behond 1.0 boost and 5500 rpm and looking at my dyno report the AFR is quite high around 14-15??????

is this a good way to go and i guess there will be no need to use say a safc if i have this iam bpu with a afcr

please help

Just a quick question, but what mods have you done so far? The reason I ask is because when my car was stock I had similar fueling problems above 1bar, but it was cured by a Fuel Cut Defenser and a better fuel pump. This is especialy true if it's a jap spec, 'cos the pump has a lower flow rate than the UK spec one

The HKS F-con V is a complete replacement ECU. It comes with a base map for the Supra, but can only be mapped by a HKS Pro dealer (I think there are about 4 in the UK.) It is a very good piece of kit, but as has been said is expensive to get mapped (£800+ I believe in the UK.)

The HKS F-con SZ piggy back ECU would be a more affordable choice for BPU levels, but this also can only be mapped by HKS Pro dealers.

If I was fitting a piggy back ECU now for BPU levels, I would go with the F-con SZ. If I was doing a single install I would fit the F-con V.

If you want either sourcing, I can get very good prices on all HKS products.

cheers chaps it is a piggy back device i was told it was already mapped for supra to run 1.2 and was not remapable???

If it's a piggy back it'll be the F-con S or F-con SZ, not the F-con V. Even though it is mapped already it will need setting up for your car. You'll also need to know if it was off an auto or manual and what other mods were done to the car it was off. It should be re-mappable unless it has been locked by the original mappers (a password can be set to lock the info.)

If it is an S or SZ then you could hook it up to the HKS Navigator (see details HERE) This can be used for monitoring and limited 'tweakings' of the F-con settings.

The FCON V is a FULL ECU that can be used as a piggyback.

I didn't realise that it could be used as a piggy back, it seems crazy to spend all that money on the F-con V to then just use it as a piggy back fudging the stock ECU??

I can only see it being used in that fashion by someone who is building up their engine in stages. With the goal of going single at some point. As you say though it would be a waste of mapping time and money in the long run.

The only people using the FCON V as a piggyback are most likely doing so to use the stock ECU to control the Auto transmission. The FCON V can be mapped to control the Auto box but it will add some considerable mapping time to the total bill.

The only people using the FCON V as a piggyback are most likely doing so to use the stock ECU to control the Auto transmission. The FCON V can be mapped to control the Auto box but it will add some considerable mapping time to the total bill.

The F-con's come with a specific base map for either auto or manual AFAIK, so I presumed the auto mapping would already be pretty much there from the start. My friend is the HKS main dealer here and they map a LOT of F-cons, I'll have a chat with him and find out more about the mapping.

I could be wrong on that as it was told to me by TDI that was the case. Mind you it was for my Auto box on my Soarer which is basically the same as the Supra TT (A340e) apart from a few minor differences, smoother gear changes, inablity to lock in 3rd gear, maybe more. I do know that HKS make the FCON in JZZ30- 1JZGTE form but I do not think they cater to the manual or auto-box as such. I was under the assumption that they were one and the same.

• 2 weeks later...