The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Low Idle

terribleturner

yes you can do it manually.

Not very good at explaining and I am sure someone will come along and correct me.

what you have to do it adjust the screw by the throttle cabling in your engine bay.

You no where you can rev the engine from the engine bay by pressing the latch front, there are 2 screws near by that you will see, adjust them to suit the idle you want.

I had to do this on my car.

hope it helps. like I said im rubbish at explaining,

The idle is NOT set by adjusting the screw, fiddling with that will also move the throttle pot closed position. It's ecu controlled. if you have to readjust the butterfly closed position via the stop screw you need to correctly and accurately reste the throttle pot setting, or the maps the ecu will read from will be skewed.

Yeah, on a MAP based car a leaky or missing hose actually raises the idle as it introduces more air to the intake plenum and it's actually measured and fuelled for.

If the low idle is due to the ECU needing to learn it should suss it out if left to idle for a couple of minutes. Also blip the throttle a bit and let it settle back to idle, it should get better at it each time you do it. Pretty much the procedure you should go through after resetting the ECU anyway.

I'd never move that screw fitting though - if your idle is off it's the sign of a problem. Moving that screw simply masks the problem's symptoms and causes other changes in itself...

-Ian

When you say manifold and throttle body you mean the whole intake side ..which means the TPS would have been taken off to polish it ????? is this set corectly? Fuel for thought :innocent:

Ooohh, don't know. Sorry Mig but what does TPS stand for and how do i tell??

Could be spark plugs but i only changed them about a month or 2 ago. Saying that i did put 27's in and it's been the coldest wetaher lately for a while.