The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil temp light?

Guest Daniel H

Guest Daniel H

Hi all,

Ive done a search on here but it didnt throw anything up.

On the right cluster of warning lights an orange oil light keeps popping on intermittently. Im guessing its oil temp, its only recently started after a service and oil change.

Can anyone help me out? Is it the temp light or is it the level? It only comes on when the engine is hot so that makes me think temp. Am i doing some major damage.. i think ther eis 10 -40w in at the mo.

Thanks guys.

Thats the oil level light, not temp, do a manual check (with dipstick).

I find the light tends to come on intermitently when it's getting a little low, so it just needs a bit of a top up. I think its a little too sensitive as your level will probably be within the dipstick marks.

I think the oil temp light is red by the way.

Guest Daniel H

Ahh its just that there is a red and an orange. In every other jap car ive had the level is red...ive never seen an orange light..its like an oil lamp with a squiggle underneath... if thats coming on and ive only just had a service then im worried now that I have a major oil leak somewhere....

Yep definately oil level mate, like Matt says they probably haven't topped it up after fitting the new oil filter, have a quick look arond the filter to make sure thers no sign of oil leaking though. Top it up and keep you eye on the level for a while if you're worried.

Guest Daniel H

Thanks guys. Went out at lunch time and chicked a load of oil into it. Light hasnt come on yet.....but im hoping I dont have a leak...