The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BHP Question!!

Fox

Both the cars you've mention are Autos!!! He said Manual! :rolleyes:

Because of the time taken to do a gear change using the V160...and knowing that you'll have to be in 5th across the line to achieve a 10 I would guess you'll need 700 at the Flywheel as a minimum...or you will have to totally modify the rear end to get a proper launch.

It would take a pro driver to get a manual Supra to achieve a 10 sec QM whatever horsepower it was making. I would think it would need more than 700 hp to allow for 3~4 manual gearchanges.

To give more perspective the CRD car has about 1000HP nearly slick drag tyres and has run only a 9.95...BUT some of this is down to the tracks in the UK....the US guy's do have better facilities.

An 11 second car is far "easier" to make.

At 700 - 800 RWHP, they can be driven every day but will be a pain at times. Has someone been watching too much Fast and the Furious ? :stickpoke

lol, You could say that..

No, the reason I ask is because I'm taking my supra of the road this winter to install a single turbo.

Looking at the different packages I trying to work out whats the best approach for me.

I would like a car able to reach high 10's down the strip but at the same time i would also like the car to be able to be driven everyday!! if there is such a thing....

Im also looking at weather this is too much and should just have a streetable 600 car that will blitzs most things of the road!!!

What to do, What to do!!!!

Only GReddy make turbo's called 78 and 88 which arn't actually that big...well on the intake side anyway.

A T72 from Precision or ITS (who supply SPE, BL and PHR etc) is a 72mm diameter compressor.

Garrett use a whole different naming scheme which I don't get at all :)

It would take a pro driver to get a manual Supra to achieve a 10 sec QM whatever horsepower it was making. I would think it would need more than 700 hp to allow for 3~4 manual gearchanges.

Steve Whittaker is running low 10's in his manual now. Anyone know what sort of power he's making?