The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Fibre Engine Cover Pics

Stu_Fraser

Here are some pics of my engine bay with the carbon fibre effect engine covers that Hong Kong Nic can get a hold of. I must say that the finish of these is superb and the anodised bolts from Envy really set it off, if I dont say so myself :eyebrows:

Anyway here they are, enjoy:

0221.JPG

0226.JPG

0227.JPG

0228.JPG

Very nice :cool: Wonder if someone could do one for the NA.

Yes me....:eyebrows:

Trig, if you send me your engine cover (and any other bits you want 'carbon fibre-ised') I can get it coated for you. The engine cover is a 5 minute job to remove and the car is still perfectly driveable without it. It would take around 3 weeks from you posting, to getting it back.

Looking :cool: Stu :thumbs:

Yes me....:eyebrows:

Trig, if you send me your engine cover (and any other bits you want 'carbon fibre-ised') I can get it coated for you. The engine cover is a 5 minute job to remove and the car is still perfectly driveable without it. It would take around 3 weeks from you posting, to getting it back.

Looking :cool: Stu :thumbs:

Cool, what sort of bunts (£$) are we looking at??

Here are some photos of Stu's engine cover and some dash panels, which shows the finish a little better.

I can also get engine covers and dash panels laminated in real carbon fibre, I'll post photos when I get the first sample back later this week.

CIMG0014.JPG

CIMG0005.JPG

CIMG0007.JPG

Copy of DSC00178.JPG

Nic,

Mine will be posted Thursday.Sorry for delay.

Okay thanks Doug, I guess I will receive early to mid next week in that case.

If anyone else want to send me their engine cover this week, I could get them done at the same time as Doug's. Price for carbon look £50 plus postage.

hi nic , have these been tested for heat reaction , what sort of turnaround are we looking at ?

ive had mine painted silver , but it has heat damage allready

Peter, the company I'm using does a lot of other engine covers and they told me heat should not be a problem.

It would take around 3 weeks, 1 week airmail here, 1 week to get coated, 1 week airmail back.

have you got any already done turnaround is to long , as i use the car every day

No I don't have any at the moment.

The engine cover is mainly cosmetic, your car would still be perfectly usable without it. It's a 5 minute job to remove.

the chap that painted it for me a couple of months back told me not to drive the car with it off

Why what was he worried about? All that is underneath are the coil packs and the cam pulleys, mine is off at the moment and still perfectly drivable.

• 2 weeks later...