The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Part Number for Bonnet Seal and Metal Plate to hold seal

irfan_habib

Does anyone know the part number for the metal plate at the front of the bonnet that holds the bonnet seal. I know the part number for the bonnet seal (53381-14130), but can't seam to find the part number for the plate. My supe is a 1995 J-spec TT Auto. There have been threads on part numbers before and I have searched them but no luck for the part number. Any help would be appreciated.

Apparently (according to Toyota) the part "Bonnet Seal 53381-14130" also includes the metal plate. Have just ordered it from the Toyota garage near work, should be arriving on Thursday. Will post a message to confirm whether this is true or not once I have picked it up!

Apparently (according to Toyota) the part "Bonnet Seal 53381-14130" also includes the metal plate. Have just ordered it from the Toyota garage near work, should be arriving on Thursday. Will post a message to confirm whether this is true or not once I have picked it up!

How much did they charge?

Cheers for that. It turns out that it was the wrong part. Managed to order the correct parts in the end and picked them up today from Toyota. In case anyone needs to know the part numbers and prices are:

53395-14010 (seal) - £11.11

52521-14090 (retainer) - £13.55

Parts have also now been fitted and altough it's just a minor addition it does look better. Had some fun fitting it though... took hours! My cousin was helping me out and he managed to drop the spanner into the front bumper. The bumper being the way it is had no space for me to get at the spanner, in fact I couldn't even see it. Figured out that the only way was to remove one of the headlights... slight problem spanner to do this was in the bumper! A trip to B&Q and £20 down, managed to take off the headlight. Was a right old pain in the @ss as first time I was attempting this. Eventually got the spanner back, fitted the new seal on and headlight back on! At least I now know how to take the headlights off and put them back on. Will be handy for fitting my new headlights which I plan on ordering soon.