The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More Light Problems

TrevS

Hi Guys

I recently bought a brand new set of facelift headlights from Nic on here which arrived a few weeks ago. I fitted them and was really happy with the results. Its amazing how much difference they have made to the car, they have really freshened up the look. However I noticed the other day when it started to rain that they are steaming up.

The build up of condensation seems to be only occuring in one of the headlights at the moment and I am worried that if i leave it, its going to go yellow quickly and the condensation will damage the chrome rings which is what happened to my old ones. I really, really, really, really don't want to open the lights to bake them and reseal them etc as I have just bought them so there shouldn't be any problems with the seals I would have thought. The reason I bought new lights was to ensure that this didn't happen.

Anyway I was thinking about getting a hair dryer on them by removing the bulbs and placeing the dryer through the holes. Has anyone tried this, if so does it work?

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I got mine clear by just popping out a bulb and leaving overnight

hair dryer dont really work tried that; you need to just let it evap as per nature. :D

What about next time it rains!?

I haven't played around with the lights, so I guess one of the seals has worn away. Silicone round it?