The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota cracked my sideskirt!

supRo

Had gearbox oil and coolant change done at my local Steven Eagell Toyota - Tried them for the first time. Gave my keys back and I noticed the front of the toyota skirt was cracked/smashed!!!!!

I proved it was them because when I showed it to them I touched it and bits fell off, they had washed the car beforehand and the bits would have fallen off then if it had happened before - so it was definitely after they had washed it.

They've accepted blame but it's a PITA cos I work quite far away...They'll give a courtesy car.

Just makes you wander what kinda care they've taken (obviously not much!) :thumbdown

The service rep was quite embarassed as he's after buying a Supra!

its a same thats happened mate. if i'm right i think they only have 2 post lifts in there workshops, i guess they don't get lowered sports cars to service everyday. :complain:

ps when are you having your next oil change/service.?

yeah well atleast they didnt snap your valve stem, like i did when i tried to release my metal dust cap that had seized, leading to a very flat tyre in oooh 3 seconds :cry:

So it looks like im spending my half day off work tomorrow sorting out a new tyre that was perfectly ok, but is now cajiggered!!

Andy

I had the same sort of thing happen to me....

Took the car to the main toyota dealer in Uckfield to have my tracking done.

The service manager (you would think he would have some common sense) then managed to stuff my front spoiler into something and I was left with a large hole in the front and the sides cracked.

To top it off they could not even do the tracking as my wheels were too big for their machine. You would think the moron service manager could have figured that out before he stuffed my spoiler. :devil:

It took them over 1 week to repair it and it was a crap job. Paint drips everywhere and mis-matched color. Needless to say I was not a happy chappy....

Someone mentioned to me that the service managers car had been vandalized sometime afterwards. I would assume that it was a disgruntled customer. :taped:

its a same thats happened mate. if i'm right i think they only have 2 post lifts in there workshops, i guess they don't get lowered sports cars to service everyday. :complain:

ps when are you having your next oil change/service.?

I had an oil change done about 2000 miles ago. I use Autocraft in Houghton Regis as they have a flat ramp.

I used Toyota as it was £140 all in for Gearbox and coolant change. I know the Gearbox oil and coolant are quite expensive so I thought it was a decent price and I get to try them out. Won't be going back there in a hurry.

SUPRO maybe you can arrange staff discount with them :D i,m sure they will do anything to let the matter die. ;)

hmmmm, just a bit weary of them doing anymore work to the car!

Maybe I could say my disagreement with a curb was their fault too!! :)

Gonna have full tracking done on Saturday and see how it goes......

• 1 month later...

Update....

Well I left the car with them for a week (Milton Keynes branch) as I'm working in Redhill at the moment.

I picked it up today and not happy...:(

They filled the damage part of the skirt nicely but they have sprayed one third of the sideskirt. The blending of the spary work is nice but if you look carefully, you can see it's new paint on that part of the skirt!

Why couldn't they just re-spray the whole skirt??! And there was a scratch on the opposite sideskirt!!

And to top it off, the car wouldn't start. I told them not to drive the car and they hadn't. I never had starting problems before. After some cranking the battery was flat. Tried a few chargers but no luck, the engine didn't turn. One of their mechanics was helping out. Took off the fan side coil pack - it was soaking wet. We dried the coil pack and sparkplugs. Put everything back and the engine started!

We came to the conclusion that they used a Jet spray on the bonnet...It's a top secret bonnet, You would have thought they'd be more careful with all those vents. There were pools of water around the engine bay.

Never had a problem with rain even thunderstorms before

They've offered to re-do the skirt and sort the scratch...but how can I give it back to them if they keep cocking it up?

:(

• 1 month later...
I'd let them sort it until its done correctly.

Yep, they WILL get it right in the end for you but, if you leave...you will be paying for it yourself :(

Don't leave until you are happy, no matter how many times they have to do it, they are at fault here - It's a patience game.

I always put on any worksheet a whole list of DON'T's and washing the car is one of them.

what other dont do you do? Would be useful as i am booked in with toyota on the 1st for service, cambelt and sorting boot rubbers. Ouch, second mortgae on the way.

Why man why???

Cause you've not asked the locals where else you could go, that's why.

Buy all your parts, then save yourself some labour costs and book it in with someone like SCA Race and Rally or Power and Performance @ Honningham.

Obviously check the labour rates, but buying the parts yourself can save you a packet.

Spark plugs - BKR7E's Gapped to 1.1mm go to Panks Auto Electrical or Partco

Breather hoses that need to be removed to change the plugs - from Toyota.

Oil - Order from OilMan (Opie) 2x 5L Silkolene Pro S 10w50(or is it 60) anyway...

Oil Filter - Toyota (£9)

Cambelt - Toyota again (£50??)

Rear boot rubbers (JUST THE LOWER ONES - make sure you get new screws) - Toyota.

Air Filter - Toyota.

I spoke to some of the car park boys and found one guy but wasnt sure if it he was right for servicing. Should have asked you. booked in now so will stick with it. Where would you suggest going to fit my RLTC and FMIC? Next service ill be asking you where for that too.

RLTC is a bit fiddly...you could try bribing Soop Dogg or Ian C...Ian did mine as really it's a DIY task. Don't know where locally would do it.

FMIC - again DIY it...you can borrow tools off me that you need. Think you'll need some PAS fluid spare.

yep, toyota are a bunch of tw@ts!

I've had nothing but trouble from them.

Here's a few new services my local Toyota can offer.

All done during three separate occasions:

1st time - Airbag stolen (Car broken into whilst in garage)

2nd time - Paint damage

3rd time - Wheels curbed/damaged

3rd time also - Belt pulley broken

Why man why???

Cause you've not asked the locals where else you could go, that's why.

Buy all your parts, then save yourself some labour costs and book it in with someone like SCA Race and Rally or Power and Performance @ Honningham.

Obviously check the labour rates, but buying the parts yourself can save you a packet.

Spark plugs - BKR7E's Gapped to 1.1mm go to Panks Auto Electrical or Partco

Breather hoses that need to be removed to change the plugs - from Toyota.

Oil - Order from OilMan (Opie) 2x 5L Silkolene Pro S 10w50(or is it 60) anyway...

Oil Filter - Toyota (£9)

Cambelt - Toyota again (£50??)

Rear boot rubbers (JUST THE LOWER ONES - make sure you get new screws) - Toyota.

Air Filter - Toyota.

i agree ask around locally,why do so many poeple trust the pride and joy to poorly trained mechinics who are used to servicing nova's,not supercars.

i always stay with mine so i can see what they are up to if i cant do the work myself.