The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE my oppinion

nuttynutz

Had a great time at jae on sunday shame about the weather though, i didnt camp but according to my mate from the lexus club, said most the best shows/events already done on Saturday. Apart from the show and shine final that was at 1:30pm (at that time it was pissing down rain so not much shine really) and the monkeys doing the tug-o-war :p

suggest for next year that the main day we go up would ideally be on a Saturday instead?? anyway thats a long way away.

did leave at 1:30ish due to the rain. was driving home following a black supra for a while reg ending in PPF. who were you?

suprachargedtt i believe, your car ok? saw your lovely red supe on the hard shoulder with another black supe.

pleasure to meet many new faces, and the usual people.

Daverex, shocking how you used half a tank already by southmimms.

foodfreak, my god, was following you behind the convoy, and you spitting out fire balls at me a couple times. so gutted, each time i missed it on video.

anyway, photo's are posted on this thread (CLICK HERE)

if people didnt realise i was in the white supra (passenger side) filming, my bro was driving, video will be made soon i hope, but a) never made/edit a video clip before b) never used a camcorder c) wasnt my camcorder, (forgot to press record sometimes while filming the convoy DOH!!! :banghead: d) dont have cable to connect to pc here so therefore it will probably be a while and end up being crap anyway :p

Roll on 14th august Bovingdon ;) see you guys there next

look forward to seeing the video Ollie.................I also kept forgetting to take the lens cap off. Also not my camera.

How difficult is it to hold the camera still when the car is bumping all over the place? I felt sea sick watching the video back when we got home.

Mind you got a great shot when we pulled over on the hard shoulder and I filmed you all fly by. Quite an impressive site.

Hopefully the video will be cut and ready to go shortly. As soon as poor old James has caught up on his z's

:D :nyah:

hehe good good look forward to seeing it.

and yes, very hard to keep it still, was wondering at first why you guys pulled over on the hardshoulder, thought something was up, then realised what you guys were doing (no wonder why you stormed so far ahead of the convoy) would have waved like a lunatic while going past you instead of filming myself :p

suprachargedtt i believe, your car ok? saw your lovely red supe on the hard shoulder with another black supe.

Im still not sure what the problem was but i had a total loss of power with flames over 1foot long commin out the exhaust!! :devil: Its currently with Max-Gt so im sure PaulK will sort it out.

Im not sure who the guy in the black sup was, but many thanks for pulling over to see if everything was ok, much appreciated thanks :thumbs:

I also had a few other cars pull over to try and help out including a turbo rover coupe owned by the events organiser from Ace Cafe London :woot:

ahh many nice people pulling over to help, im obviously not one of them :p but you didnt need me anyway. maybe could of done a sunshine dance to bring the sun out, was so bad the rain, i only Just realised it was you when we went past on the fast lane.

anyway, hope you get it sorted soon

going back to a point made earlier..... I have always took it that the main day for JAE was always the Sunday.... is this not the case anymore?

My bro who was part of the CRX crew said most of his group were there for the saturday and most of them had left by sunday morning.

If saturday is now the main day then this would be the better day to get every Supra there for the main convoy.

well thats what happened with my mate and his lexus club, they were all there for saturday. which is why i was stating this point. but werent too sure about it. only guys who will know are the ones who camped on our stand, whats your oppinions??

As I recall the show day is usually always on the Sunday like most other shows, but it looks like this year more people paid attention to the weather forecast and decided Saturday would be better (like I did) if you were only going for the day.

Well if this year and last year were anything to go by the majority of the cars came in on the sunday but the best weather and laugh was on the saturday. Don't know if it was the weather that subdued the people on sunday this and last year or Toms insistence we drink the area dry on saturday night that dampened our morning spirits.

Well if this year and last year were anything to go by the majority of the cars came in on the sunday but the best weather and laugh was on the saturday. Don't know if it was the weather that subdued the people on sunday this and last year or Toms insistence we drink the area dry on saturday night that dampened our morning spirits.

Not the weather, definately the serious amount of drink :lol:

DB - FCUK, don't go blaming me for your hang over, it was all free for you all weekend any way !!