The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RS6 audi

ADD

saturday afternoon i was completely hammered by a RS6 54 reg :(, how quick are these things? cause he was a good 4 cars length ahead of me when accelarating from about 55mph, i did manage to gain on him slightly everytime the 2nd kicked in..baring in mind im still stock (not for long)

From the very start I see 'bring your own salt' warnings flashing:

I. Downpipe. The downpipe replaces the factory CATS and allows for quicker turbo spooling and 1-2 psi of boost increase. Good for around 35-40 HP.

That's a lot of bhp/psi increase, no wonder this guy tries to trademark 'BPU' :respekt:

III. Elevated Boost (17-18psi+). The major gain in HP and torque (up to 440rwhp and 410 ft.lbs of torque to the wheels)

I can't even begin to imagine the sort of 'flywheel' figures they'll be quoting to punters after applying all sorts of 'adjustments' to the above 'wheel' figures.

Amusing

US cars were more like 320bhp, except that all Supes make around that anyway. And BPU won't get you more than around 400bhp max.

FALSE!

I have been dynoed at 442 with Jspec injectors and stock ECU (SAFCII). Powerstation's dyno. J-Spec turbos.

US cars were more like 320bhp,....

yep, quite similar spec to the Euro cars, that are rated at 326 because of the (then) availability of higher-octane fuel (compared to the US)

In that case it's nice to know that mine can do around 440 at the wheels running 17odd psi. Accounting for transmision losses and various barometric&capricious factors they might estimate it at well over 500Hp, don't you agree? Nice one. :woot:

Oh sorry... well clearly, with an atmospheric air particulate density phenomenon, as can often be found in the UK, along with a regional temperature abnormality and volumetric pressure ratios exceeding a volume of 1.2 per thousand, I reckon you could be pushing out an easy 550bhp, 600 if the dyno operator likes you, if you know what I mean ;)