The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE nightmare and thanks...

Dave S

Big thanks to fellow club members that helped me out at JAE, the chap who gave me 4 wheel studs and the chap who went in to the show to find some!!and all the concerned members that stopped to see if I needed assistance...

...the previous night someone had tried to remove my back wheel leaving the nuts loose only the locker tight.....so by the time we got to the gates at JAE it was just about hanging on with 4 studs sheared off.....thanks JB for your usual restraint while leading the convoy or we'd be dead!!!

AA couldnt get the studs to seat properly, by that time the rain was torrential and he called for a tow truck..... unfortunately they sent one that couldnt take a lowered Supra( as requested)....now 3.30pm!!! then would be 4 HRS to find a low loader!!! in the end they wanted to close the showground and we had to drive out of the gate.... we surrendered, took a chance, and drove home very carefully .....made it back to London at 8.00 ....

bought another set of locks from Envy ,now going to have 2 per wheel.....

cheeers

Dave+ Silvie

Its not sorted yet.... the AA guy bent some bits of the handbrake mechanism while removing the disk...and the back of the studs were fouling on something too....took a risk in driving it....prefered that than waiting another 4 hrs on top of the 6 hrs already.....

...the previous night someone had tried to remove my back wheel leaving the nuts loose only the locker tight.....
Was this a maliscious thing Dave? Very sorry to hear about your misfortune, I hope you enjoyed yourself apart from that!

feelin bad for you mate this morning, i saw you any missus come past and noticed left rear wobbling!!! thought you would of noticed it on a1, sorry for not stopping u then............ dohhhhh. Could of been a lot worse though, its only metal as my old man would say. i say "shut up" :swear:

hope you get it sorted soon. keep us posted.

TT steve.

Big thanks to fellow club members that helped me out at JAE, the chap who gave me 4 wheel studs and the chap who went in to the show to find some!!and all the concerned members that stopped to see if I needed assistance...

Dave, Glad you got back ok, we saw your wheel coming off thats why we stopped you, im just sorry there wasnt anything else we could do, i couldnt believ it when Simon B Said he had some rear wheel studs!!!

well i waited 4hrs for the RAC and dispite my requests for a low flatbed still kept sending out normal lorries... My G/F phoned the AA and they were out within 15min and took us home!.... Didnt get in till 11 though... The RAC guy said that my coil packs were getting power but not switching?? Im not sure all i know is i had a total loss of power and 1foot Flames comin out of the exhaust....

I think it was just an attempted theft.....the valet co next door cleaned the car sat afternoon and polished up the wheels/dressed the tyres, prob is they look very expensive when shiny....they are!.....ah ..suprchargedtt you got the low loader....they must only have one....hope you get it sorted soon m8....

scary thing is I didnt notice till just outside JAE when i went over a speed hump I knew something was wrong....with the suspension being so hard its always bumpy...

ah ..suprchargedtt you got the low loader....they must only have one....hope you get it sorted soon m8....

Thanks mate, The RAC took 3 Attempts to get me a Low loader from 2pm till 5ish and kept sending out the wrong one saying "they cant see the problem as they can get porsches and ferraris on them"!!! :shrug: I dont have a Ferrari etc...

The AA came out within 15min and moved us to south mimms where we got picked up by another one low loader within 30min and taken home. Im definatly going to cancell my RAC and go to the AA :respekt: