The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lotus Exige Vs Supra

Supra_Nish

Hey guys,

took an exige for a test drive yesterday. i was expecting some fun but this thing seriously blew me away! :eek:

The looks are outstanding. To be fair the straight line acceleration is not on a par with my supra, but nippy no doubt about that.

As expected, it comes into its own around bends, now i was expecting this but what i found took my breath away and left me with a stupid grin on my face.

I was hitting 120 on A-Roads with no problems, the thing stuck like glue and showed no signs of roll or loss of traction. I wouldn't dream of attacking some of those bends like i did in the supra.

I am now seriously considering changing the supe for one of these, price is about 30k.

Anyone else considered one of these? Any views?

HELP!

I'd consider swapping. They're great looking, lary as hell & should thrash a Supra off the line, and obviously round bends!

Once rolling though they've got no chance. I think they're limited to 140 too. Not sure about how quick they are if you delimit them.

I'd consider swapping. They're great looking, lary as hell & should thrash a Supra off the line, and obviously round bends!

Once rolling though they've got no chance. I think they're limited to 140 too. Not sure about how quick they are if you delimit them.

dont think they are limited to anything ... they just top out at about 135mph. Have to agree, gorgeous little cars, id miss that turbo boost though :) and yeah, the supra does scare the shit out of me on some bends!!!

Buy an Ariel Atom & umbrella!

lol! A little extreme, I tried the 111r as well but after being in the exige, despite having the same engine etc it just didnt feel as planted.

Also they can do a roof conversion on the exige to allow it to come off! :ecstatic:

Max speed is 147, no limiters

A friend of a friend has one of these animals. It sounds friggen imense and gets more attention Im sure than a Supra (its bright orange). However, its actually quite painful to drive on our roads. Its at home on a track and should be bought strictly as a second car.

A friend of a friend has one of these animals. It sounds friggen imense and gets more attention Im sure than a Supra (its bright orange). However, its actually quite painful to drive on our roads. Its at home on a track and should be bought strictly as a second car.

This is the one thing that worries me. The test drive was on nice flat country roads, I really would need to try it around inner london and even in traffic.

I may well see winter through in the supe