The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a laugh at my expense.

RedM

Got a call from the previous owner of my Supra saying that he'd found the boot blind. I went to collect it and went to fit it into the boot.

Unrolled it and thought to myself "hmmm, this is a bit bloody short". Faffed around for a few minutes convinced I had it in the right place but buggered if I knew how to get it to reach the little hooks.

Male pride now prevented me from going back and asking. I had an idea. Maybe it had to be installed with the boot shut. Please stop laughing. Again I couldn't get it to reach the little hooks.

Finally thought that maybe I did have it in the wrong mountings and that, if I attached it to the little hooks first I could maybe see where it should go.

Connected it to those hooks and, well, you could hear the sound of a million pennies dropping. The hooks are on elastic or something.

I did and still feel proper stupid about this but thought I'd share it with you.:D

Got a call from the previous owner of my Supra saying that he'd found the boot blind. I went to collect it and went to fit it into the boot.

Unrolled it and thought to myself "hmmm, this is a bit bloody short". Faffed around for a few minutes convinced I had it in the right place but buggered if I knew how to get it to reach the little hooks.

Male pride now prevented me from going back and asking. I had an idea. Maybe it had to be installed with the boot shut. Please stop laughing. Again I couldn't get it to reach the little hooks.

Finally thought that maybe I did have it in the wrong mountings and that, if I attached it to the little hooks first I could maybe see where it should go.

Connected it to those hooks and, well, you could hear the sound of a million pennies dropping. The hooks are on elastic or something.

I did and still feel proper stupid about this but thought I'd share it with you.:D

Rodney you plonka!! ;)

:clap: I think I recall a thread on here, after owning their Supra for about a year - he only knew to open the boot with the key. He was mildly suprised when he pulled the boot lever beside the fuel cap release ... and Open Sesame!
Hmmm... oddly enough I didn't spot the keyhole in the light cluster until this morning!

I won't even mention the odd metal object I found in the car that I intended to throw away. Think locking wheel nuts:eek:

pmsl!!! reminded me of ppl asking why they're front w/washer isn't working, only to find out you press the button in.... NOT pull the stalk with all your might :D

i have sold few supras and then phone rings and i say i know what ur going to say the w/washer doesnt work and the guy is like yep are they fxxxxd thats when i tell them too press the button :nyah: