The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top of dash reflects in windscreen.

RedM

It's all in the title. When the sun is out and hits the car at a certain angle I get a reflection of the top of the dashboard in the windscreen.

It does a damn good job of making me 'blind'. At one point I couldn't actually tell what was infront of me and was thankful to get into the shade of a building.

Is there a product I can buy that will take the shine of it and leave a dull or matt finish that won't reflect?

Cheers,

I've got a little black foam insert from a laptop bag that sits nicely on the back seat, and I whip it out when needed.

Apparently people either see reflections (in all cars) or they don't. My wife never sees it when she drives the supra. I've had this problem with every car I've owned.

• 3 weeks later...

Thread resurrection time:

I'm still getting a shiny dash reflection in my windscreen. Have tried some matt finish dash polish. Six quid down the drain. What is this alcantara stuff? Tried googling it and could only find info on a place in Spain!

Any more suggestions?

Take up smoking? Now I've got a Supra I couldn't afford to even if I wanted too. All we do now (when we aren't in the car) is sit at home watching the television. Shame we can't afford to turn it on. Boom, boom, thank you. I'm here all week.

Why not just stop polishing the top of the dash? If its done already use a very mild meth mix to remove the layers of polish and have a completely mat finish. Be very careful you don't over do it otherwise you will stain the plastic.

Thread resurrection time:

I'm still getting a shiny dash reflection in my windscreen. Have tried some matt finish dash polish. Six quid down the drain. What is this alcantara stuff? Tried googling it and could only find info on a place in Spain!

Any more suggestions?

Try a search on here matey. It's a man-made material, like very soft leather. Quite a few people have had their seats retrimmed with it. It's amazingly soft, nice to touch (I'd love a pair of pants made out of it), but I dunno if anyone has ever had their entire dash retrimmed in it. The Gibson & Boyne boys would be the people to speak to probably.