The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single kits USA CHEAP

DAVEBOY

these have been around for some time mate.

Shiny and high-tech they may look, but what if the wastegate seizes first time it heats up, or the manifold doesn't fit the studs, or it cracks after a few full-boost runs, or....or....?

Do you then have any comeback, or is it just 'buyer beware'?

My grandad used to say "I can't afford to buy cheap"

I thought it was naff, but he was right: then you have to buy the whole lot again in decent quality, plus whatever you paid for the 'cheap' stuff, plus any damages caused by the cheap stuff. Could end up costing a lot more within a year.

Actually some of it is fine John - in fact better quality then some of the more expensive kits out of the states

I have one of the manifolds here - and at that price they are nearly disposable

The wastegates too...

There are a couple of these kits fitted - Gav has one on his conversion (project haribo) so worth talking to him direct for first hand knowledge

If you arent afraid of a little fab work for the pipes and all its a pretty good kit and what I have seen. They only downside is the turbo but you can easily buy a good one and still have a bargain price.

If my twins would fail in the near future this is what I whould get.

Actually some of it is fine John - in fact better quality then some of the more expensive kits out of the states

maybe it is, I didn't say either way.

Just wondered what the after-sales support would be if bits fell off, or didn't fit at all.

Personally if (make that 'when' :tongue: ) I decide to go single, top of my list would be a cast manifold like the one Arnout made.

Choice of turbo I'd like to be mine alone, but at the price of that kit changing housings might be a viable option.

As for FMICs in the Supra bay, my opinion is well-documented... :drown:

I agree that the price of these kits is very-very tempting :)