The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 supra epc

jot_ie

• 2 weeks later...

No, the c*nt took my money and never sent anything. Ive raised it with Paypal and am awaiting my money back.

His name on ebay was www_ebookmanuals_com and I have his name and address, though I hardly think its worth going down to rattle someone over a few quid....

Sorry guys :(

• 3 weeks later...
Just got one of these EPC - electronic parts catalogue off Ebay

I know a few people were enquiring about these.

Well , it appears to work okay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-Factory-EPC-on-7CDs-a-true-must_W0QQitemZ7993493613QQcategoryZ18436QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Did it install ok on XP without any messing about?

Does it have VVTi Supra part numbers?

Jake, I've just had to reinstall mine and having problems with the CD setup on XP, I had it up and running before so know it is possible, can't remember how I did it though. Any ideas?

I've got XP, It didn't have the install for XP option.

But I installed it for Win 98 and it's working fine.

There's one CD that installs the operating system on the hard disc, all of the data for the J spec Supra appears to be on one CD which you leave in the drive. I wasn't sure how to save it on the hard disc , must be possible though.

To tell if you're getting VVTI part numbers I'll have to search for something on the engine, any suggestions?

Maybe a part number that I can verify.

It's accepting valid chassis numbers upto Dec 2000.

I set up a partition of 1.5 gb especially for the Epc to install too as it has problems with large hard drives.

Once the program is installed go to cd setup.

Check the box that says japan area version.

click add and select A1 CD ROM

Then press F10 or Execute.

It will ask for the japan A1 CD

Insert the cd. Ok it and that should copy the files to your Directory where the program was originally installed too.

When that is done Go to Initial setup and select

"japanese"

Then Press F10 or execute.

Go back to the main menu and click "part number translation" search for sup.

If it worked you should only have one option when you search.

Go to Model and click Search you should get the full model listing for the japanese supras e.g RZ GZ etc.

I think the above is right but haven't installed it in a while

:read:

I've got XP, It didn't have the install for XP option.

But I installed it for Win 98 and it's working fine.

There's one CD that installs the operating system on the hard disc, all of the data for the J spec Supra appears to be on one CD which you leave in the drive. I wasn't sure how to save it on the hard disc , must be possible though.

To tell if you're getting VVTI part numbers I'll have to search for something on the engine, any suggestions?

Maybe a part number that I can verify.

It's accepting valid chassis numbers upto Dec 2000.

Have a search for the plastic cam cover

Well, I've just found the part number for the MAF sensor , it matches one I found in an earlier post.

Also the rocker cover, it gives a different part number for post Sept 97 cars which I presume is when the VVTI was introduced.

Jake, I've just had to reinstall mine and having problems with the CD setup on XP, I had it up and running before so know it is possible, can't remember how I did it though. Any ideas?
I've got the same problem Nic, can't get mine working either :banghead:

Merckx - the VVTi's Throttle Body is completely different...does it list different parts for that? If it does can you give me all the part no.s please?

Cheers

Alex

Alex, looks like there's one part number for all the bits in the pic (apart from throttle position sensor which is listed separately)

Throttle assembly as in pic (22210) : 22030-46160

Couldn't figure how to get a copy of the screen so I took a pic of it

Here

Couldn't figure how to get a copy of the screen so I took a pic of it

Press the prt scr key located above insert, this copies everything that is on the monitor when you press it.

Then go in to your usual paint program and press ctrl and v or paste this will dump the image in to your paint program.

Press the prt scr key located above insert, this copies everything that is on the monitor when you press it.

Then go in to your usual paint program and press ctrl and v or paste this will dump the image in to your paint program.

I prefer Alt PrtScrn because it captures just the active window rather than everything on the screen.