The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vine Place, Durham

Babe

Has anyone bought a Supra from Vine Place Sports and Performance Cars in Durham?

They seem to have a load and on the face of it seems ideal for me as an inexperienced buyer as they offer a two-year warranty.

Any comments on these guys much appreciated.

Thanks

Seem good to me. Bought mine last year. Only thing with the Warrenty is you need to get them to service the car every so many miles (EXPENSIVE). Also they tried to charge me for a 12,000 mile service coz, according to them, I'd done 20,000 miles in 6 months (I hadn't, they just hadn't changed mk-miles). Other than that they're spot on. Argue the toss and he'll stick a Cat 1 and some tax on for you

I paid £10,000 for a 93 auto TT with 35k miles last year so wasn't TOO expensive. If I was going to buy another import I'd just go through Jurgen to be fair. Still I can't really fault Vine Place

Not bad!

My mate bought a white 95 SZ manual from there last year with 65000 miles on. He paid £10,000 for that!! Although i did think they saw him coming! LOL :twak:

One of my mates' mrs works there and, albeit cos I knew her husband, they loaned me a set of rear lights to get my old GTO through its MOT. :thumbs:

I do think they are overpriced but from what I know of them they get good cars are are a decent set of people.

I would have to agree with GeordiSteve however. I am importing my car at the minute through Jurgen and the service up to press has been amazing. Not just in getting the car but in sourcing and fitting after market parts at good prices. Well chuffed and when the car is otr I'll be posting to say as such.

I bought my 95 Aerotop from Vine Place and have had no complaints any problems I have had were sorted on the spot.Genuine bunch of guys.I also had my side skirts supplied and fitted by same very reasonable prices for added goodies.Also my leather front seats reupholstered.Get all my servicing done there it is nice to know the beast is in safe and knowledgable hands when work needs doing.

Jurgen he is ace, has a superb sales idea. Only looks to make 500 quid per car and will ensure it is tip top b4 you get it. If anything else needs doing he will be here. Nothing like to truth that so many will vouch for him !!

Jurgen he is ace, has a superb sales idea. Only looks to make 500 quid per car and will ensure it is tip top b4 you get it. If anything else needs doing he will be here. Nothing like to truth that so many will vouch for him !!

thanks mate, 500 is the set fee i charge for private imports when customers pays upfront. no hidden costs.

but on some special cars which i have fully payed for with my own cash and waited 8 weeks to arrive, i try for a bit more, but i like to think my prices reflect cars in condition and specifications, but if it didnt sell then i would be happy with £500 profit but these cars all sell with no problems as they are sure worth their money.

thanks mate, 500 is the set fee i charge for private imports when customers pays upfront. no hidden costs.

but on some special cars which i have fully payed for with my own cash and waited 8 weeks to arrive, i try for a bit more, but i like to think my prices reflect cars in condition and specifications, but if it didnt sell then i would be happy with £500 profit but these cars all sell with no problems as they are sure worth their money.

Jurgen,

No worries, sorry you missed JAE it was amazing, def up for TOTB iv next week i hope

:ecstatic:

I have my supra all sorted, but my Mrs is just about to buy an FTO through Vineplace and I dont think it is the spec promised. Does anyone know much about the GP vertion R?

The GP version R are all facelift, all have a LSD, no aircon, version R rear wing and different suspension set up...... also have different coloured front seats :thumbs: