The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a good day at Thor

paul mac

after a bit of Thor bashing recently i thought i would try and redress the balance, took the car down on wednesday to be set up after going single and was well impressed the guys were obviously supra enthusiasts and took the time and patience to answer all my questions also met Salvator in there who had just been to the Nurbering (now theres an idea) best of luck with the car mate, it was a bit nerve-racking listening to the motor bouncing off the rev limiter @ 6700 rpm but she held together and made 510 rwhp and 457 ft/lb torque so i'me over 600 hp at the fly which sounds feckin awesome in the bragging rights, hit 1.4 bar boost tonight on a private road holy sweet tappdancing jesus, anybody thinking of going single and is a speed junky - dont think, just do it

Excellent mate. Did Thor manage to set it all up in just 1 day? I need some mapping done, but don't know realistically how long it will take.

Cheers,

Tony

i have kept it simple as i dont have massive amounts of spare cash with a parasite (wife) and 2 sprogs sapping all my supra funds so went the SAFC and ITC route rather the stand alone ecu or e-manage, it took about an hour on the dino then about 1/2 an hour road test (i think this is petes favourite bit) which cost a very modest £150, with the e-manage route the price is around the same as the SAFC and ITC but the mapping would take a damm site more time than that, granted the A/F's would be better in the mid range but would make no more top end power i guess it all comes down to money

Paul' date=' would love to see how your afc/itc settings ended up as I have a similar setup.[/quote']

i can see the ITC settings but the guys at Thor have password protected the SAFC, this made me laugh when i saw "no access password protected" it was as if Pete was in the car with me saying "silly silly boy what are you doing looking at that", needless to say i beat a hasty retreat from that part of the menu and had a look round to see if anyone saw me :D

i just posted the last reply at the same time as you b'have, my settings seem to be positive at the first step then slightly negative at all the others which sounds a bit different to your set up, which just goes to proove there all different

Hi paul,

Glad you were happy with the results - your car certainly sounded 'tuned'! Had mine on the rollers after - quite happy with results, only Pete came to the conclusion that my turbo seals are on thier way out :eek: :innocent:

Knocked up a quick shopping list of hybrid twins, SAFC, AVC-R, 550 injectors and walbro FPR - hmmmm, which bank to rob? :tongue: :devil:

Take it easy with that rocket chap! :thumbs:

Knocked up a quick shopping list of hybrid twins, SAFC, AVC-R, 550 injectors and walbro FPR - hmmmm, which bank to rob? :tongue: :devil:

we'll go into partnership when you find the right bank and then i can get mine looking like yours, luvely looking motor mate plenty of kudos with that Nurburgring sticker on the back very cool, shame about the dude with scooby wasnt it (smirk)

after a bit of Thor bashing recently i thought i would try and redress the balance, took the car down on wednesday to be set up after going single and was well impressed the guys were obviously supra enthusiasts and took the time and patience to answer all my questions also met Salvator in there who had just been to the Nurbering (now theres an idea) best of luck with the car mate, it was a bit nerve-racking listening to the motor bouncing off the rev limiter @ 6700 rpm but she held together and made 510 rwhp and 457 ft/lb torque so i'me over 600 hp at the fly which sounds feckin awesome in the bragging rights, hit 1.4 bar boost tonight on a private road holy sweet tappdancing jesus, anybody thinking of going single and is a speed junky - dont think, just do it

Mate, what turbo did you go for and what supporting mods?

Thanks

Mate, what turbo did you go for and what supporting mods?

Thanks

went for a Boostlogic T61 to keep the lag to a minimum which i'me pleased to say has worked out nice if there is any lag you just have to floor it to get it to kick down, tubular manifold, 550 uk injectors, uk spec camshafts (why did'nt i buy a uk spec car lol) Homemade pace fmic and hardpiping, walbro and fse, SAFC, SITC, RLTC, HKS (chinese copy e-bay special) 50mm external wastegate (to atmosphere) 3" downpipe and midpipe into a super dragger,uk brakes (theses are a must if you want to live !) fluidyne rad and transmission cooler (oil cooler to follow) k & n air filter, i also had the head off to do the valve stem seals so i gave it a good polish and a little porting, Pete at Thor said this is really as much power as you can push safely through the auto box without an upgrade and also said when he did the road test the box was starting to get a bit "lazy" on upshifts so i may start looking for a low mileage replacement, hope all this helps