The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK headlight, Whats the grey connector for?

supRo

I've just got hold of my new UK headlights thanks to Adam (Spyda).

Not sure what the grey connector block is for..My jap headlight doesn't have it! Is it to adjust beam height?? :shrug:

Also I was under the impression that I will need new low beam bulbs...all my jap bulbs fit apart from the high beam which will need a little trimming.

:thanks:

Cheers,

Ro

UK head light.JPG

I prefer the twin brake-lights :)

bugger about the headlight beams... wonder if it's worth worrying about?

I do think facelift lights look a hell of a lot better than pre-facelift, and I don't see what's so special about extra-heavy glass lights. Porsches have plastic lights, and if they're brand new then they're sure to look pretty good.

I

prefer the twin brake-lights

You can have twin brake lights and fogs wired into them aswell, it only takes a few diodes, you do lose the twins when the fogs are switched on, but lets face it, how often do you need to put the fogs on, I think I've had to use them a maximum of 3 times since doing the mod.

IMO it looks better than an add on fog light.

You can have twin brake lights and fogs wired into them aswell, it only takes a few diodes, you do lose the twins when the fogs are switched on, but lets face it, how often do you need to put the fogs on, I think I've had to use them a maximum of 3 times since doing the mod.

IMO it looks better than an add on fog light.

That's very interesting Laz. I was considering fitting a toggle-switch somewhere so that I can pass the MOT, but this sounds perfect.

Got any schematics?

That's very interesting Laz. I was considering fitting a toggle-switch somewhere so that I can pass the MOT, but this sounds perfect.

Got any schematics?

They were posted on here some time ago, thats how I found them, I'll see if I can find them again.

Try this.......

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=19436&highlight=diode+fog+light+mod

The thread starts to debate whether diodes are better/worse than the relay mod, all I can say is I've been running mine off the diode mod for some time now with no ill effects and I think its a much neater install.