The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advise on single turbos on ebay

absz

as the title says. here is the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72205&item=7987502992&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

i'm not to clued up on turbo ratios etc. just need some info on this type of setup. the reason is because i have the engine in bits a the moment. with my turbos removed. i have a choice either to stick to the original turbos and have all the pipes etc just chromed. or go for a budget single. :looney:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Abbs,

As you know I have been upgrading the car since I got it off you last year and one of the mods was to go single.

After looking at was was around and checking out the prices I went for the XSpower kit off Ebay.

OK a lot of people say they are S--t but for less than £700 for the whole kit including shipping I thought I may as well give it a try as at least if the turbo is crap I still get the other bits, Manifold,Wastegate,Blow off valve, Intercooler, Downpipe,all bolts,nuts,lines,gaskets,plus a lot of other stuff you do not see in the advert.

OK the kit has now been on for 3 months and along with all the other changes I had her on the rolling road last week she produced 573 rwhp @ 4850rpm with 743NM, the boost via the AVC-R was set to 1.5bar at 30% duty on the graph it held constant at 1.4.9bar from 2900rpm, the opperator could not continue the run to full because even with 3 very havey lads sitting in the rear hatch she just kept spinning off the rollers as he tried to go above 4850rpm so next stop Thor.

All in all I am no expert can can only go by my own personal experince with this kit I fitted it myself and had no problems with any of the parts although the Wastegate is a bit of a tight fit.

Last week I bought the same kit again to fit to my partners Supra and again the kit came in at £658 including shipping and was at my door 3 days later by Fed Ex, on oppening the well packed box I was delighted to find that they had included a number of extra items with a note saying thank you for buying a second kit from us.

All in All I have been very happy with mine and the second kit but at the end of the day it is your choice and to be well informed is great but then again sometimes you end up not being able to see the wood from the trees.

Good luck mate and I hope to see your new beast soon.

:respekt:

Hi Steve,

I can only say that to date I have not had the lag I thought I would get, it is even less than the stock twin setup that was on my car before I went to this single kit.

Once again please let me state that this is only what I have found with this kit and the set-up on my car I am not saying that this will be the same for anyone elses car or set-up.

You have to make your own choices.

Please let me add that we are fitting the 2nd kit we bought last week to Samsupra37s car next week and I will post how it went and what the effects were.

:thanks:

Hi Alex

Only bits that had to be made up were the hard pipes from the turbo to the FMIC and upto the intake, drill and tapp the turbo outlet for the pressure nipple,and buy a bung for the second oil feed from the block

Other than that every thing that was needed was in the kit, although I did find that the braided steel hoses for the oil feed were quite cheap and had two heavy duty oil feed ones made by Think Automotive at a cost of £19.75 each.

At the end of the install I had a lot of bits left over spare gaskets, nipples,clamps and hose.

I am happy with what I got and how it fits and works.

Again only my personal opinion and findings.

Cheers.

:respekt:

Blimey Greg, that's a great power figure for such a cheap kit. It sounds too good to be true. Especially if you're getting full boost at low as just 2900rpm.

What injectors and injector control does the car have?

Thanks

Hi Jake,

I am running 700cc injectors using an Apexi Fmange at this point in time ( until I get the Emanage) also I have a greddy fuel rail and twin fuel pumps going through a regulator and running at 45psi at idle and 44psi at 4500rpm, I am running NGK copper plugs with o.4 gap, also on the ignigtion side I am using a modified MSD unit,other mods are inlet manifold port matched and polished, HKS ajustable cams, Fluid front damper.

Thats the lot for now but I am going to do a bit more to her soon but mostly cosmetic Bling.

Ya Ya I know sad git.

:ok:

Holy crap you've got a 90deg bend in the intake (post compressor) that can't be too nice for the air flow.

I'm surprised you have to gap so small...what are the plug codes?

This FManage - any chance of a pic as I still have no idea what it is?

Are you going for the eManage Ultimate?

How come you've cranked the static fuel pressure upto 45psi?? Stock is about 34psi and with 700cc injectors you've got more than enough scope to fuel correctly boost on normal rail pressures.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Sean,

That's what my guess was last time it was mentioned...but I was told it was something else.

That's the Power FC (With handheld commander). As far as I know it doesn't have an alternative name...ie Fmanage. This is why I really need a picture of it to decide 100%.