The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Toyota Dash Panels Group Buy??

Nic

Next idea for a group buy is for replacement genuine Toyota Dash Panel Sets. I believe there are 6 different set combinations in total:

1. J-spec Pre-Facelift Manual

2. J-spec Pre-Facelift Auto

3. J-spec 96+ Facelift Manual

4. J-spec 96+ Facelift Auto

5. UK-spec Manual

6. UK-spec Auto

Could someone send me photos of manual and auto UK-spec panels? So I can see what the diferences are (is it just the ignition panel that is different?) If you have a European EPC and could also post part numbers for manual and auto UK-spec that woudl be extremely useful.

Each set would consist of 7 pieces:

1. Gear Surround

2. Ash Tray

3. Stereo Panel

4. Instrument Panel

5. Upper Instrument Panel

6. Ignition Panel

7. Driver Window Switch Panel

If purchased through Toyota UK (including discount) the above would cost between £320-£375 (depending on version). I will negotiate a group buy price with my supplier, to purchase at least 10 sets (any version) and will try to get a very good saving over the UK price, include airmail to your door.

So do we have at least 10 members who would be interested?

Do we have to get the whole kit?

I need to order at least 10 sets to get the discounted price, if we get enough sets then I *may* be able to get extra pieces at a discounted cost also.

Alternatively you can pm me and I'll work out a normal price (should still be cheaper than T UK.)

Are they all in rubbery black?

Ah, u wana rubbery brack cora??

The dash panels are only available with the rubbery black finish. I can get them carbon fibre coated but that would be extra.

I may also do a discounted price for new dash panels on an 'exchange' basis, ie. you get new dash panels at a discounted price in return for you old dash panels.

Ah, u wana rubbery brack cora??

The dash panels are only available with the rubbery black finish. I can get them carbon fibre coated but that would be extra.

I may also do a discounted price for new dash panels on an 'exchange' basis, ie. you get new dash panels at a discounted price in return for you old dash panels.

Any idea how much extra for carbon fibre Nic? (Our old panels are C.F., but could do with 'freshening up'!).

Also, if exchanged, would only be able to send back the old once the new fitted; any idea of air mail cost back to you (in HK?). :looney:

Any idea how much extra for carbon fibre Nic? (Our old panels are C.F., but could do with 'freshening up'!).

Also, if exchanged, would only be able to send back the old once the new fitted; any idea of air mail cost back to you (in HK?). :looney:

Not sure on prices yet, still negotiating discounts for group buy, details to follow.

The CF panels would be quite a bit extra, as the process isn't cheap to do, especially on 7 invidual dash pieces. The exchange ones I will be getting carbon fibre coated so it may be better to wait until after the group buy once I have some spare panels so I can do a set of second hand ones on an exchange basis.

Yes old ones would be sent back once new ones received. Not sure on UK - HK cost, I would guess £20-£30. I will have a spare set of dash panels in a weeks time, so I'll be able to post total weight, so someone can check price.

Early days at the moment, I just want to see what interest there would be, before I spend too much time working out all the logistics.

Id be interested in original lubberly rubberly VVTI TIPTRONIC main dash inc. binnacle......my centre console panel is original / mint so I suppose Ill have to suffer full set cost.....Nic, does this over-ride our e-mails ?.....same problem as others though, I cant have car off road for long so trade-in not viable.

If anyone wants their existing dash panels carbon fibre coated ASAP, they could strip them off the car and send me. It would take around 3 weeks (1 week here, 1 week coating, 1 week return) to get back to you. It is still possible to drive the car without the dash panels, provided you plug all the electrical parts back in. I drove around for over a month with mine like this, not pretty but no big deal.

Id be interested in original lubberly rubberly VVTI TIPTRONIC main dash inc. binnacle......my centre console panel is original / mint so I suppose Ill have to suffer full set cost.....Nic, does this over-ride our e-mails ?.....same problem as others though, I cant have car off road for long so trade-in not viable.

We can do it either way, through group buy or separately if you need sooner.

As I said in my post above, it is still possible to use the car without the dash panels provided you plug all the electrics back in. It's no big deal provided you don't mind how it looks for the 3 weeks it would take to get the panels back to you.

I've negotiated prices for buying, 10 sets of brand new, genuine Supra dash panel sets with my supplier. The prices look very good compared to what Toyota UK charge, I'll post details of the group buy shortly in the classifieds section.

In the meantime can some one with a Euro EPC post part numbers/images for the the UK spec Supra please, as I'm not sure which panels are different to the J-spec.

I have posted details of the dash panel group buy in the classifieds section, see [thread=43678]HERE[/thread]. If you want to be part of the group buy, please add your name and dash panel set required. We need at least 10 set orders to get these prices :thanks:

If i specified automatic transmission then it would just bring up the Part no for the automatic rhd, but Nic wanted Part numbers and pics for manual and auto so i did a generic search for supras that are right hand drive and are european models if you see what i mean.

If you click the numbers above the picture(while in the EPC) it takes you to a part number page and brings up all the different variations for that part, e.g production date and model etc.