The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sussex/South East recommended garages

chilli

Hi,

Ok now that I know there are a few supe owners down in the south east, in partcular in Sussex, can anyone recommend a reasonably local garage for getting some jobs done. In the near future I'm going to need a decent garage to:

change my oil and filter (don't really want to deal with the mess)

replace the cat(s) with a pipe that I'll probably supply

maybe fit an ebc (such as the Apexi avc-r)

No major jobs but I'd still rather take it to a recommended garage rather than take a chance on it. I'm a relative supe newbie so not found the local garages yet.

I might fit the avc-r myself but again it's still handy to know who in the area could do it.

I hear of this chap "dude" (who seems to be "away" at the moment?) - is this a good port of call for regular servicing and the like?

thanks a lot,

Louis

Hi Chilli .

I've had work carried out on my car by GT art Nr lewes, just off the A27 .He mainly does skylines but the work there is first rate and very proffesional to boot.

He's got a rolling road there for all that a/f ratio stuff as well.

Hi mate

i work from my house as i have a large inspection pit etc

the decat pipe is one i brought of leon at JPS its a one piece pipe that removes both cats,with that you will need a restrictor ring

My advice would be to contact Chris Wilson and he will put you right

But as i say for the service and the fitting no problem cheaper to as you only have to pay me and i dont have to pay labour rent etc :D

ahhh thats handy then :) I'll be in touch then regarding some odd-jobs for the motor. Sounds like the CW downpipes are the ones to go for, I'll get one ordered up soon.

Regarding the oil change, at the risk of getting flamed for asking a common question, whats the best oil and where should I get it?

Out of interest, who fitted your apexi avc-r?

royal purple i have heard is good

iam using valvoline 50 5 supplied by envy great stuff and a very good price too and a power enterprise oil filter think i had change from about £60 ish and spare oil for top ups

Heckler fitted my AVCR but i belive he is abroad working at the moment

I use Woodcock Hill Garage just North of East Grinstead for servicing twice a year. Had no probs at all with them, im getting my decat done there when i get the pipe.

I had been really happy with Woodcock until they completly b*ggered my bolts on my exhaust system by doing them up too tight.

They've done the same to Keiths when putting his decat pipe on after the MOT :( Not happy.

Some one b*ggers my car they don't get a second chance. I would have expected them to admit to what they'd done as they must have known at the time, but not a dicky bird was said.

It was a simple job, what would happen on a more complicated one?

yeah i know what you mean, so they're struck off the list then lol! It's a real shame when a garage that you've trusted lets you down like that, it's happened to me before. I just want to find a local one thats half decent, but it now seems like supradibbs will be getting my servicing work, much easier to trust an actual supe enthusiast :)

Indeed, I hate leaving my car at the garage at the best of times, but when they end up making things worse it just gets so frustrating.

Luckily for me Matt H spent a fair amount of time sorting my bolts and gaskets out and I couldn't be happier :)