Rear quarter panel Price

colsoop

Due to one of my neighbours i need a price for :

rear quarter panel left hand

part no: 61612 1b090

:innocent:

cheers

colin

Colin, do you want a price from me or do you need urgently? However if the neighbour's coughing up the dough, you may as well get from there, at a premium price ;)

seem to remember it being about £178 + vat
No way! That's very cheap - it's a big panel.

The fitting won't be cheap either. Anyone remember when Dude replaced the same panel on Holly? Looked like a major amount of work.

i would agree that it would be much less hassle to just have the panel repaired. as long as it is carried out by a decent competent bodyshop you will never know the difference. im no expert but most of that dent would probably pull out then just fill and refinish it

Getting the panel swapped should be the best overall result as long as it's done properly. If your chosen body shop can't weld on a new panel without it leaking/going rusty then you need a new bodyshop ;)

-Ian

perhaps let mrT carry out the work then?

cool :thumbs:

so what did you do to your car then?

If you mean how did I damage her?

After a light rain shower, exited Services in Belgium 'in convoy' (I was 2nd), where it hadn't rained for 6 weeks (so we found out later), wasn't pushing it hard and the back just went (someone else in the convoy felt his back go too; in a Skyline GTR), got her back in a straight line twice, thought it was over and touched the brake .... BIG MISTAKE, she just spun around ... :no:

One of the worst days of my life, but nobody was hurt, just my beautiful car :cry:

General consensus was a fuel spill combined with the 'greasy' effect of rain aftrer a prolonged dry period (perhaps they were just trying to make me feel better, but I've never had anything happen like that in over 25 years) and RLTC did SFA :( .