The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Vs Kawasazi Ninja 600

Shovels

What boost are you running Shovels? Do you have it mapped for use with Race fuel or just optimax? 520bhp sounds low for a car with a T78!

The cars been set up by Abbey Motorsport to run at 1.29 bar on Optimax. I've still got one of the cats, so dont know how much that will be restricting things.

I've been advised to look at getting some lairy cams, etc.

Any advice on upgrade path greatly appreciated, especially if it means even more power :D

The cars been set up by Abbey Motorsport to run at 1.29 bar on Optimax. I've still got one of the cats, so dont know how much that will be restricting things.

I've been advised to look at getting some lairy cams, etc.

Any advice on upgrade path greatly appreciated, especially if it means even more power :D

Get rid of the other CAT :eyebrows:

And raise the boost :thumbs: :thumbs:

Raising the boost is an easy way to get more power, but I need to make sure my injectors, fuel pump, etc are up for the job. I need someone to have a look over it and give me some good advice.

Same with the de-cat pipe, I need someone to advise me on the part I need to get, as I have no idea.

What injectors do you have? if you have the fuel system you should be able to put out 520 at the hubs at 1.4 bar! :)

umm, don't know what size injectors, how can I tell?

Will it all need re-mapping to get it up to 1.4bar or can I just wind the boost controller up?

It would be wise/safe to map it yes. You could just up the boost of course, but with the cat in it probably wont let you. Plus if it hasnt been mapped correctly it could go pop if its running too lean.

Sounds a bit weird tho, a T-78 and leaving a cat in!

Best way to check injector size is to take it to someone who knows what they're looking at, they'd probably just take one out.

If you can see the 1st or 6th injector nestle'd in the rail... A) can you tell us the colour and B) can you see any part numbers in the plastic?

Is it an HKS fuel rail? If it is and with your other mods I'd expect you have HKS injectors.

Abbey should be able to look over the car and tell you what you're running.

Is the cat in the Mid pipe? (The first one having been replaced by the turbo kit) The Mid pipe stretches from the back of the engine to the end of the gearbox. If so you want a 3" 2nd Decat pipe in stainless steel. But this will make it noiser. Don't worry about boost control without the cat in...only stock cars suffer from the boost shooting up with the removal of a CAT.

The cars up in Poole at the mo, having the gearbox oil, etc done - Thanks for the advice on that one Alex, will let you know if there's any improvement.

I'll need to poke my head under the car to see what section needs changing.

you'll murder him mate, carefull with the bike threads theres a number of greasers who stalk the forum mascerading as supra owners they get all upset when you claim to beat bikes apparently even 250cc superdreams are quicker than our supras :tongue:

PMSL If its a new ZX6R then from a standing start it will leave you (0.60 sub 3.6) From a roll on you should win quite easily, after all its only a 600! I'm happy to race any supe from a standing start on my bike.

Even Marcos? :)

Thing is, no one cares about how quick bikes are tbh, they're all fast, if people wanted to go the fastest they can in the quickest time we'd all be riding bikes as they're so cheap. People like racing bikes to compare thats all :)