The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally. We have a Supra.

RedM

We've done it. We've got ourselves a Supra. We've been running around like headless chickens for the last week trying to get it all organised but we got there in the end.

J-spec TT, totally stock and looking amazing bar a few cosmetic niggles.

Been a tad too busy to get any proper private road test runs done but we are hoping the weather stays good for Sunday.

Oh, and a very special thanks must be given to that very nice chap Michael (mcanny) who has answered my umpteen PM's and also came to look at the car with me. I'll make no mention of his 'spirited driving' past a load of blokes drinking outside a pub other than that and the few seconds after convinced me, beyond any shadow of doubt, that I needed a Supra. :respekt:

So, a photo then. I'll take more tomorrow when the light is better.

000_0006.JPG

Cheers fella. I haven't stopped smiling all day and I keep just staring out of the window at her.

Even my other half loves her. She vanished for about 10 minutes. Found her looking out of the hall window at the Supe. Brilliant.

Well done, you obviously have great colour taste too :thumbs:
Y'know, I actually used to hate red. I've made many derogatory comments on here about red cars but I am now totally converted.

When I saw this car I was like "WOW!" and the colour didn't phase me at all. Plus, around here it's all black and silver Supras. Nice to stand out from the crowd:tongue:

...and what a head-turner. We got caught at the lights outside Leeds station and even better than the people openly admiring her were the people trying to look like they weren't looking.

So, I'm hoping to be the subject of a "Was it you?" very soon. I'll make sure I get about a bit too:thumbs:

Looking good. I hadn't really considered red but the wife thinks all sports cars should be for some reason. When I saw mine I was won over immediately. Absolutely everyone I know who has seen it has said they loved the car and many have noted that the shade of red is a really nice one.

Another strange thing is the wheels - for all the ones I saw when I was searching on line, I loved all the alloys apart from the stock ones and I'd planned to change as soon as I had it. Once I got the car though I found I quite liked them as they are so I'm waiting to see if I'll get bored with them before doing anything drastic.

Well done! (If you want to smile, boost every mile!)

Supra sun3.jpg

You lot obviously don't realise that red paint is magic.

It actually makes cars go faster - thats why the paint fire engines red.

Its also how Ferrari have retained supercar status, despite being nothing more than a Capri under the bonnet.

Congrats RedM :)

Also red here and stock wheels, yoohoo! :)

HeyRick you're in Mid Devon it says there...whereabouts exactly?

My folks used to live just outside Crediton for many years and are thinking of moving back next year.

Paul, snap - just outside Crediton!!! North, near a village called Sandford. 3 miles to the nearest main road - which is why I wont be stiffening or lowering the suspension!!! And is why I'm always cleaning the car of mud or dust! :thumbdown

Thanks for asking. Small world isn't it? :D