The mkiv Supra Owners Club

had soop over a year and never realised....

suprz_rz

That if you turn the engine off with the headlights on, after about 20 seconds, they switch off automatically.

I always wondered why the soop never had a buzzer to tell you that your lights were on.

Nothing amazing, but just goes to show you, you never know everything bout your car and you are constantly learning about it.

AFAIK she's a standard '93 RZ. She defo has no buzzer on other than the bing when you put the key in the ign and have the door open. It doesnt buzz with the lights on.

The only alarm on her is an aftermarket Toad. I dont think it is that which does the lights though.

Went to pub last night and left lights on by accident. When I got back into car and started engine, the lights came on, so I checked what happened and found that out.

Mine switches them off as soon as you turn the ignition off (I think)

Definately one of the more useful features, I can't understand why every other car doesn't do it. Why the hell would you want to leave your lights on without the keys in the ignition anyway? :conf:

suprz_rz, mine's the same as yours. Lights turn off a little while after taking the key out; no buzzer. But I've never relied on it because it confuses me a little. For example, don't think it does it if I'm only on side lights. I might have to investigate further...

A buzzer would be nice.