The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The New Boy Needs Help!

supraman.chris

ALRIGHT THERE!

I'M NEW ON THE BLOCK BUT IF YOU READ MY PROFILE YOU'LL KNOW WHERE I'M COMING FROM AND THAT I'VE DONE MY HOMEWORK ON SUPRAS.

HOWEVER,I OVER LOOKED A SMALL DETAIL WHEN I BAUGHT MY LIFE LONG DREAM MACHINE AND WOULD APPRECIATE SOME EXPERT ADVICE ON WAYS AND MEANS AROUND THIS PROBLEM I HAVE.

HERE GOES THEN! I HAVE SOME SORT OF LIMITER ON MY SUPRA RZ 6 SPEED MANUAL (imp) WHICH ONLY ALOWS ME TO HIT 120mph SO A HANDFULL OF MY ENVIOUS FRIENDS SNIGGER AT THE FACT THAT THERE CARS ARE FASTER THAN MINE (once they catch up that is! :read: ) PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WIPE THE SMUG FAKE GRIN OFF THIER FACES I WILL BE INDEBTED TO THEM!

PLEASE :help:

THANKS,

SUPRAMAN.CHRIS

PS.WHAT WOULD EVERYONE SUGGEST AS MY FIRST POWER HIKE MOD APPART FROM THE BLITZ BOOSTER AND BLITZ NUR SPEC EXHAUST SYSTEM?

Welcome Chris

Seems like your car is still limited to 112 (lol) common practice in Japan.

You will need to get delimiter etc from somewhere like Thor. Do a search you should get loads of info.

Hopefully someone who is more technically minded will chip in...

In the meantime 70 is the limit :limp:

see told ya the lads have answered; actually I need to get a Thor unit cos my current one keeps knocking out the speedo, spoiler etc etc.

Welcome

This question is asked every few days, where did you do your home work mate ? :stickpoke :tongue:

To remove the speed limit you're best off with the Thor unit (the limit is 112mph not 120).

For power increase you can do the BPU mods (aka decatt), should see you to 380-430 bhp dependant on the condition of your engine and ancillaries. Full details here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35944

oh and lose the CAPS LOCK, it won't help you

Hey Chris.

What did you mean when you said :

"IF YOU READ MY PROFILE YOU'LL KNOW WHERE I'M COMING FROM AND THAT I'VE DONE MY HOMEWORK ON SUPRAS"
All I can see in your mkivsupra.net profile is that you're coming from Falkirk, or did you mean some other profile?

Anyway, welcome to this site. It's a great place to find out just about anything to do with these cars.

Good luck with the mods. The best advice I can give is to ask (or use the search button) for advice here before you make any purchases. You're sure to get some honest (and experienced) advice before you have to spend any cash :)