The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Rail Advise Please.

terribleturner

Think about it like this:

Look at the hole in the end of your injector, multiply its area by six and compare it to the cross section of the stock fuel rail (which should still be significantly larger).

Stock rail should be fine.

A what? :conf:

Here you go. Not that i really know myself :thumbs:

what sort of ECU are you going for to control those beasties

Well Dude was trying to convince me to go with an AEM at the RR meet, but im tempted by an Emanager Ultimate form Nic. But seeing as im planning on buying the kit over the next 3-6 months i'll take my time deciding on that.

Look at the hole in the end of your injector, multiply its area by six and compare it to the cross section of the stock fuel rail (which should still be significantly larger).

Stock rail should be fine.

I think i understand that. Only problem is i have neither in my possession as of yet :( But the last comment sounds good to me :p Thanks :clap:

Here you go. Not that i really know myself

I've never heard of GT Pro before.

I've never understodd why fuel rails are the price they are. They're not exactly high tech are they? It's really just a bit of plumbing hardware, isn't it?

Anyway, like Digsy said the stock one should be fine unless you're going to be making huge HP and needed/wanted a duel feed rail

...Stock rail should be fine.

I agree, I'd need a very good reason to swap the stock rail.

It has been extensively tested for cracks and leaks and thermal stresses during the exhaustive OEM tests.

Aftermarket rails don't need to pass any such tests, they don't have to pay warranties and can't be dragged to court for cars/people burnt alive (read the small print, "off-road" use and other disclaimers!)

Even the tiniest of hairline cracks in any part of the rail can create a fuel mist that is explosive in the engine bay. There is pressurised fuel in there and the rail expands/contracts along with all the seals and O-rings involved. Would you trust your life with someone's word that it's OK? ;)

[/devil's advocate]

i modified my stock rail for twin feeds and will be putting in 850's. what size turbo are you going for to be fitting 880's?.

Not 100% sure yet.

And more importantly what kind of ECU?

As said above, it'll [probably end up being an AEM or Emanager Ultimate. Saying that i do remember Terry try to pusgh me in another direction :D

So i'l stay with stock then. Thanks everyone.