The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Supra value

Mace

Ive just bought my supra uk model, M reg with loads of extras etc. just wondering if there is a difinative value for these cars i realise the auto would be worth less than the manual, but people seem to pay loads for either... i searched around and got mine for.......... shall i say??..........go on then.... 6k!

and theres nothing wrong with it.. bit of a bargin??? not interested in selling etc but for insurance purposes...

Nah its a bluey grey colour, its got 115,000 miles on it full service etc.. supposed to have 400bhp and has sat nav etc in it as well, came up hpi clear too cant ask for much more... seems a lot of car for not much money, got to be worth more than that surely?

Im keeping this one, its gonna be my pride and joy as sadly i normally drive a beat up L reg calibra i bought for 350 quid as my run around.. :thumbdown

but it will slow down the mialage a bit on the supra

Nah its a bluey grey colour, its got 115,000 miles on it full service etc..

I didn't pay far off that figure mate for a late UK

supposed to have 400bhp

now that may need to be investigated further, if it's been running too much boost for too long the turbos may be getting tired (although they are more robust than JSpec turbos)

Has it got a FCD fitted? If so, it was probably running over 1bar. If not, I wouldn't worry, these turbos are OK until that point.

seems a lot of car for not much money, got to be worth more than that surely?

It's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it mate.

Mine was sold 9 months later at £1800 loss by the last owner because he got a nice company car (Mini supercharged, the high-spec version) and he only had one parking space at home. Apparently nobody was interested despite it being on Autotrader for ages (I was very sceptical because of that) A few weeks later it would have sold quickly at a higher price --- the market is temperamental and volatile.

Get it looked at by someone who knows Supras mate, do a compression test if you can. You don't want a dog, it would cost you an arm and a leg to put it right if it's got dodgy repairs.

Ive got a list of the modifications but i dont know how the car is set up

Blitz front mounted intercooler, blitz turbo timer, hks induction kit, hks full exhaust inc decat...

Thats all i know about it ive never owned a turbo and know nothing about them.. at all.. which no doubt will give me problems later on...

cars very clean tho, with the service history im hoping it will be fine..

Why put the airbox back to standard? are the induction kits not up to much? ive heard the HKS induction kit is not very good... i was thinking of getting the apexi dry type kit...

Definitely go back to stock, better performance and filtration, if you do a search you'll find a lot of threads discussing.