The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Begging for help!! Rubber Injector Cups - who supplies???

Alex

Rightho....Toyota are cr4p ...just thought I'd get that out of the way...

I have twice tried to get the rubber seal, o-ring, cup, collar (delete as applicable) thing that mates the injector to the intake side of the rail...inside the rail. Twice I have failed to receive the right part.

Tonight, Toyota and I realised the part isn't even listed to be bought...WTF!?

So does anyone know where you can get the rubber seal that fits round the nozzle of the injector? Anybody have a part no.? Failing that does anyone have any spares?

People with EPC's please can yuo have another look, I'd try looking up the actual replacement injectors if that's possible? I'm wondering if I need to go to Denso or someone like that for these things...but surely Toyota can replace them...they just need to find/be given the right part no.!!???

I'm utterly desperate as one of mine has split...thus allowing fuel to piss into the intake bypassing the injector! :eek: Used but good condition ones would also be appreciated.

EDIT - It's not O-ring 1 or 2 or either of the 2 rings on the EPC with the same part no. at either end of the injector. AFAIK - It's not on the picture with the rail...(that will make sense to those looking at the EPC) but please try anything that looks vaguely(sp?) like a rubber ring in the fuel system.

TIA

Yep it's NONE of them....ARGH!!! But thanks anyway mate.

The two part's that are the same at either end are just rubber vibration dampers...they are not their to seal the fuel away but to...err..stop vibration.

The No.1 and No.2 O-rings fit round the main body of the injector but not the nozzel...this leaves the injector as a whole and I'm f**cked if I'm buying new 440cc injectors just to get some rubber seal! You can actually see what I'm after on the injector pic...it's the part of the injector that are the second to third marks from the left hand side that is obviously round the injector.

Hope that helps anyone searching.

Thanks

Guest Usmann A

Ive got brand new no.1,and other ones around in a bag if you want, I ordered a whole gasket seal set for the 2J,i dont need them.

let me know.

like the pic mig .... :)

O-rings are usually made to a standard, so it might be worth finding an O-ring supplier. You might find one squirrelled away in Yarmouth (lots of interesting Engineering places to support what's left of the oil and gas industry).

YOu will need a sample part for them to compare against. The probem will be that the Toyota ones are probably to a JIS standard so the specs might be hard to get and there might not be a DIN or BS equivalent.

Might be worth a try though.

Guest Usmann A

whilst I agree darren, although I did fit bosch O rings on a USDM injectors ... they seemed to seal fine :burp: :scare: .

mine are toyota BTW ... ;)

Ive got brand new no.1,and other ones around in a bag if you want, I ordered a whole gasket seal set for the 2J,i dont need them.

let me know.

like the pic mig .... :)

Have you got the part number for what you ordered from Toyota?

:thumbs:

Cocking bell! I've just seen a 440 from Soop's spare rail and it has a different kind of nozzle from the PE injector I have installed. I'm REALLY confused now.

His injectors have tiny o-rings (23291) onthe tips with a metal retainer behind them....mine have just 1 big fat 0-ring? It's 3-4mm tall and is the full diameter of the injector body that it mates to...looking again at Mig's picture I think he's got the small ones on there (23291) and I have a wierd (VVTI?) alternative?

Mig are you able to check Terry's car whilst he's away? I'll get a stock 440 from my car out and photo it tonight.

I'm not pulling his car appart again LOL but I have a good memory . TBH they were no diferent to any other injector change ..same rail everything ...Bang a pic up come on give me a clue . The pic I put up before is the exact same way Terry's and all the others I have have seen..The Injector in the pic BTW is a PE.

There are Only 4 rubbers on the injector itself 1 on the retainer plate end 2 on the main body either side of the injector filter ( main sealing ones) and a pintle cap one, and all the side feed pintle caps will be the same diameter but difirent in design from 440 to 550 to PE 650's ect ect ...the sealing bases however are all spot on unless you have a freak of nature or a weird toyota Hybrid there I can't tell without a picture so come on snap snap flash.

Here is the inside of a VVTi rail ..its exact the same as a normal one ..the little pintle cap ring sits in between the 2 red circles....it not all that big ....in fact the exact same size as the plate end ring.

vvtirail.jpg