The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clean, clean, clean! Calipers that is...

cornimac

Been hating my rusted and corroded calipers and disks and was not going on the JAE stand without some corrective action.

With some serious hard graft type help from Gnemie (FTO nutta) we ground off the old and painted then up a treat yesterday in the hot sun (cue sunburn groans). Wasn't sure about the discs to begin with but now I'm glad I painted them too. (guess you'll tell me your opinion like it or not ;)

Gave the engine bay a shine-up too. IMHO looks pretty good for a stock car and I'm thinking to keep it pretty much the same even after my BPU. Still working out bling vs. acting my age ( :ecstatic: vs :cool: )

I have attached some pics because one should show off one's handiwork, methinks. Oh and one of my lovely new Tanabe back box and another of Supra/FTO love :hug: .

Well chuffed! :clap: :woot:

See you at JAE!!! :thumbs:

2005_0712_113253AA.JPG

2005_0712_124926AA.JPG

2005_0712_133355AA.JPG

2005_0712_144325AA.JPG

2005_0712_154755AA.JPG

2005_0712_175701AA.JPG

2005_0712_180618AA.JPG

2005_0712_152350AA.JPG

Also, nice wheels mate... I'm looking for some just like them... kind of R34 GTR looking...

Do you mind if I ask what they are? cost? where did you get them?

Did you go for the wider ones on the back?

Questions questions.... :p

Cheers

Thanks for your replies guys... here goes some answers..

Also, nice wheels mate... I'm looking for some just like them... kind of R34 GTR looking...

Do you mind if I ask what they are? cost? where did you get them?

Did you go for the wider ones on the back?

The wheels were on the car when I bought it from SteveW. Not sure if he fitted them or not - he's a memeber of the forum.

They're Jap wheels branded "ZEIT" but that's all I can tell you I'm afraid. 17" and same width front and back running 235/45 Yokohamas.

nice job dude :) .... i'm thinking of doing mine too :D ... my engine bay is a total ***************** * ******* ****** .... how can i get it nice and shiny ? :(

Sorry to hear you have a mucky one. :shrug: I am extremely lucky in that the car has only been in the UK for a couple of years and is mint under the bonnet. I just sprayed some silicon around and took the dust off. How lucky am I??!! I know mates who cleaned there's by smearing degreaser all over the place and then taking a trip to the local jetwash. Good luck with that :eek:

what did you use to paint them in the end ???

Now here's a top tip that some may be surprised at. Rather than paying top dollar for caliper paint, use Hammerite!! Does the job just as well and protects from rust too. Just make sure you buy the "smooth" product and not hammered. Only drawback is the colour range is not great. I bought a small pot for under a fiver and used only a fraction of it. :thumbs:

That's all folks :)