The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-cats and power increases

nismo_lp

Full de-cat on a jap Gives a bloody (restricting to 1.2 bar) big and noticeable improvement from stock. Turbos spool earlier in the rpm range and probably quicker

You'll need suitable sparkplugs, restrictor ring and an uprated fuel pump will help.

yes 0.9 possibly 1.0 - Boost gauge is advisable to monitor the boost and see if she may overboost.

Forgot to mention you'll need a Fuel Cut Defender as over 1.0 bar the engine suddenly and quite violently shuts power! this was a safeguard for the stock system.

Have you ever experienced fuel cut on yours?

I have a rear decat, and I get 0.95 BAR at full welly. I have the other decat pipe and a fields harness, and a THOR FCD but I havent had a go at trying to get the first CAT off - apparently it can be a complete nightmare if you snap one of the studs off... hmmm

Mine is a J-Spec and has the rear de-cat, backbox and induction kit. It peeks at 1.19, normally holds just over 1 and i'm not aware of it having a FCD fitted, and i've never experienced it kick in. The boost gauge is an electronic Blitz Turbo Timer though, so not sure how accurate these are?

Guess the front de-cat, restrictor ring and fuel pump is next for me :)

Sounds good! just spoke to the DVLA, il have my plates tomorrow so il get to drive it for the 1st time! :) Im just a bit excited!!!!! Been dirving a 2l 406 coupe since i sold my N/A at xmas, so im currently used to a 0-60 speed of 10.4 secs, cant wait for the supe to basically half that :clap: COME ON DVLA!!!!!

What would the figures be for a full decat and a single....... on a NA?

Is it really worth doing? As I would be tempted if I could get a bit more acceleration/response.

Oh, and how do you carry it out? Ive had a look for some simple diagrams (I can only follow basic block ones really) but cant find any.

If anyone could knock up a sort of before and after diagra, for a full, single, and just a standard after market exhaust that would be cool.

Mates got a set of ramps and I feel the need to actually do something myself on the car.

Too many brave pills maybe...but hey...its only an exhaust.