The mkiv Supra Owners Club

exhaust system

ADD

Be prepared not to get many replies , this question gets asked all the time.

You can get the decat pipes and restrictor ring from Chris Wilson on here.

Do a search and you'll get all your answers, best this way because if you do an extensive search you'll get a much more balanced answer.

I've got a Nur Spec R which is very popular, some say it hangs a little low. When fitting mine I bent the front supporting bar which raised it up a bit and haven't had any problems. :eyebrows:

will i notice the difference with a full de-cat and after market system?

Yes, definately.

Your boost can be raised from approx 0.8bar to 1.2bar (best not to go any higher) and therefore power will increase.

The car will also feel much more responsive with the turbo's spooling up quicker and it will sound so much louder.

If you do this it's best to upgrade the fuel pump to a Walbro, get a fuel cut defender and also buy a boost gauge .

Colder spark plugs aswell.

will i notice the difference with a full de-cat and after market system?

I have an RSR on mine with full decat - it doesn't suffer as much from the "hangin low" problem some of the others seem to have....in terms of noise as others have said this is purely personal preference...you'll probably have to go to a meet and hear them all for yourself :-)

In terms of power I'm not sure what the exact actual bhp figure increase is - but due to the quicker spooling of the turbos it feels like "a lot"! Traction Control will cut in on mine in third gear now at about 70 if I really give it some - previously this was only noticable from a standing start...if that's any sort of guide!

You're not too far from me, if you want a local -ish expert to go to (Chris Wilson is a fair way away) - try whiffbitz - they're in North London...I'd go for the fuel pump upgrade and Iridiums at the same time too......

Stew