The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to setup a S-AFC2 ?

Clarkey

Hi peeps,

Pretty soon my JSpec car will need to go on a RR/dyno to setup the S-AFC2.

The spec of the car will be:

550cc injectors, Vortex T61 Budget Single, WB O2 AFR gauge.

Does anybody have any suggestions of where to get this setup. All I'm concearned about is that the tuner knows exactly what they're doing and no foul ups. I don't have the techie know-how to set one of these things up myself and no doubt I'd just feck it up!

I've tried Owen Developments - but when I spoke to them -a guy called Mark- about month ago they said they don't touch piggyback systems. I was told they pretty much only do the MoTec.

I know there is THOR up in Warwickshire. But I'd like as many options prices/distance etc as possible.

Please help! :giveup: I'd like to get this sorted out as my conversion is fast approaching with little SAFC2 tuners to choose from!

Cheers!

Did you get the 550cc injectors as part of the single kit clarkey? Also is the SAFC the only thing you need to control fuelling on the budget single?Is it ok to run the stock ECU with a piggyback fuelling computer?Is that all you need?

Did you get the 550cc injectors as part of the single kit clarkey? Also is the SAFC the only thing you need to control fuelling on the budget single?Is it ok to run the stock ECU with a piggyback fuelling computer?Is that all you need?
Questions, Questions! :) Lol Thanks for the link, I'll have a look.

The 550 injectors, fuel rail & resistor pack came from Dude & Terry.

After many PMs / chats with Terry & Ian C. The E-Manage is the one to go for. As it has wider resolution than the S-AFC2 - 16x16 if memory serves. However, from what Terry has told me the S-AFC2 can run ok with conservatively sized injectors.

There are a 2 people that I know of are running the S-AFC2 with the Budget kit. Branners & Paul Mac. Both (i think) are running the same setup as I will be. Apart from Paul Mac who is using an ITC.

So hopefully, if they see this they'll post up where they got their car setup.

Guest Terry S
Give Leon a call at JPS as your not that far away and he should be able to sort you out.

Link in signature...

Leon will just be road tuning with a wideband though no?