The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEEDED - Rubber trim edging for an acrylic display panel in my boot install

SupraStar 3000

I have made a clear acrylic panel with edgelit neons that light up my frosted car graphics within the boot.

All looks very impressive, but I need one final component! Rubber trim edging.

In order to make the neons work 100% affectivly the light needs directing along the acrylic and I need to inclose the neon rope (3mm thick) in a black surround frame.

Anyone know of a company in the UK that sells rubber trim edging that would fit a 5mm acrylic panel 3m long that could be bent around corners, or know of a cheap product that already has this.

I have found paper binding spines in stationers but these are only available in 297mm lengths and not able to bend.

Also found my grill from the US had a rubber trim that prevents the grill from scratching the paint. This is ideal but needed on the car :(

Anyone have any “bright” ideas!

Looks like another drive into B&Poo tonight

this is good thinking guys

Cheers.

weinelm:

Kinda on the right lines. Its just to floppy and way to big.

Cheers for the idea tho!

colsoop:

Another good idea but to big mate.

This needs to look well made and I doubt anybody could cut a line in hose, pipe or cable that is 100% straight without wondering out.

Need to be C,

ChinaMan,

this is the kinda thing. Can't see a clear picture of the trim but imagine its the right stuff.