PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your supra mint

Andrew Dunk Shaw
11-11-02, 14:50
A few of you probably do already but for those that dont, when you give your car its weekly clean check the lip on the rear arches for a build up of muck, ive just given mine the full allover job and found tons of mud under there which sooner or later will rot your rear arches.
Tune in next week for my hot tip of the day. :):):)

Regards
Andrew(dunk)Shaw
Black uk mkiv tt

adi
11-11-02, 15:05
They can get well clogged.. i clean behind mine every time i wash it just to make sure..

Dragonball
11-11-02, 15:30
I get a toothbrush out on mine!

And in between the alloys!

I think Brad cleans out his aquarium about once a week whether he needs to or not!

:p

Paul:cool:

Supra Pilot
11-11-02, 17:21
Originally posted by Paul E
[
I think Brad cleans out his aquarium about once a week whether he needs to or not!
[/B]

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa,,
good one m8;)

adi
11-11-02, 18:42
Thats nothing.. i floss between the spokes and behind the badges..

Bradb
12-11-02, 10:43
Seriously,

I've never seen a cleaner Supra than Paul E's.. He does indeed use a tooth brush, inside and ouT.

I'm surprised he doesn't go for the MP show and shine 2003 award.

How's about it Paul? Represent the board.

:rolleyes:

Andrew
12-11-02, 11:18
I checked the front air intake vent and found tons of crap in there, leaves,stones,grit and fag butts???
Will do that on a regular basis now.

Dragonball
12-11-02, 11:20
Originally posted by Bradb
Seriously,

I've never seen a cleaner Supra than Paul E's.. He does indeed use a tooth brush, inside and ouT.

I'm surprised he doesn't go for the MP show and shine 2003 award.

How's about it Paul? Represent the board.

:rolleyes:

:baa:

GIT!

Sharpie
16-11-02, 17:00
Gr8t tip Andy, just cleaned mine today and found at least an inch depth of mud and crap.

I'll be tuning in next week :)

(Also found that I have caught the front wheel arch & bumper on my garage wall - ARSE!!!! - That's it, re-spray in spring !!!!)

I was just waiting for an excuse :)

Gordon F
16-11-02, 22:31
Originally posted by Peter Sharp

(Also found that I have caught the front wheel arch & bumper on my garage wall - ARSE!!!! - That's it, re-spray in spring !!!!)

Did the same thing myself earlier on this year :mad: All better now tho :) (Thanks Gooch's of Lowestoft)

Sharpie
06-01-04, 17:04
But well worth doing.

The guy's who are spraying my car at the moment had to do some bodywork repairs in the area as rust had started in the rear wheel arch.

(Did you know that on all new Toyotas they have a rubber/plastic colour coded strip on the lip of the rear wheel arches to stop this from happening anymore ? Well, reducing it a lot, from the stone chips which start it off in the first place.)

Also, since my car is 8.5yrs old they also found the starts of a little corrosion at the base of the A pillar. Just something to keep an eye on for you guy's with older cars.

Sharpie
22-10-04, 17:52
Well, with all the crap on the road now winter is here, just thought I'd pull this one up again.

Originally posted by Peter Sharp
found that I have caught the front wheel arch & bumper on my garage wall - ARSE!!!! - That's it, re-spray in spring !!!!)

I'm really glad I did not get that done in the spring as by summer, Toyo would be doing it again :p

Fifty
22-10-04, 18:48
:D

Watch out for crap along the rear of the roof; and also the small drain points that sit between the rear light housins. I found them blocked with mud today. Also small leaves get jammed along the roof drains. Use a small paintbrush to clean muck out.

baojun
24-10-04, 22:08
:D

Whitelightning
25-10-04, 00:10
I keep a Lhasa Apso under my drivers seat to clean lights and windscreen after I filled up at a station. Its important that your lights are clean as they are not very bright at the best of times on a Supra. A quick wipe with its fur - and you are safe to drive at night.

Supragal
25-10-04, 11:55
This is a serious thread please dont start hijacking- keep the funnies for chit chat.

Sharpie
17-11-07, 23:52
It's that time of year again :)

One for the newer supra members.

Pixelfill
18-11-07, 00:59
Holy cow Pete - you keep resurrecting this thread don't you ;)

Sharpie
18-11-07, 01:22
Keep the rust away ;)

supra steveo
18-11-07, 06:01
my god
ITS ALIVE.....................(the thread that is :blush: )

jazz1
18-11-07, 06:18
use a ramp like i did:)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=106362

AndrewOW
18-11-07, 10:58
That's good advice. I'll have a look later.

Surprising to see so many expired memberships though, and Supragal doing some serious moderating. How times have changed! ;)

Sharpie
01-02-09, 15:53
It's that time of year again :)

One for the newer supra members.

;)

bromy
01-02-09, 16:27
Jesus, Bradb

TopgunTT
01-02-09, 16:31
Alot of expired memberships :(

Branners
01-02-09, 16:34
the thread starter is still with us though, just under a different name..actually its heart warming to see just how many of those posters are still with us.

Tom
01-02-09, 16:37
the thread starter is still with us though, just under a different name..actually its heart warming to see just how many of those posters are still with us.

not really relevant to this thread but I bumped in to Darby last year :)

Dnk
08-07-10, 22:09

Just trawling through some of my previous drivel lol and found this and feel all warm inside now :)

Ewen
08-07-10, 22:21
This is a serious thread please dont start hijacking- keep the funnies for chit chat.
:) A lot stricter in the old days then.

bignum
08-07-10, 22:26
Weekly clean:innocent:those were the days.

Sharpie
09-07-10, 05:23
Weekly clean:innocent:those were the days.

Yeah ;)

Dnk
09-07-10, 08:23
mines the weekly jetwash now :)

j80leo
09-07-10, 09:23
mines the weekly jetwash now :)
I just saw the name on the first post and thought he has got the same name as you Dunk:p