The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keeping your supra mint

Andrew Dunk Shaw

A few of you probably do already but for those that dont, when you give your car its weekly clean check the lip on the rear arches for a build up of muck, ive just given mine the full allover job and found tons of mud under there which sooner or later will rot your rear arches.

Tune in next week for my hot tip of the day. :):):)

Regards

Andrew(dunk)Shaw

Black uk mkiv tt

Gr8t tip Andy, just cleaned mine today and found at least an inch depth of mud and crap.

I'll be tuning in next week :)

(Also found that I have caught the front wheel arch & bumper on my garage wall - ARSE!!!! - That's it, re-spray in spring !!!!)

I was just waiting for an excuse :)

• 1 year later...

But well worth doing.

The guy's who are spraying my car at the moment had to do some bodywork repairs in the area as rust had started in the rear wheel arch.

(Did you know that on all new Toyotas they have a rubber/plastic colour coded strip on the lip of the rear wheel arches to stop this from happening anymore ? Well, reducing it a lot, from the stone chips which start it off in the first place.)

Also, since my car is 8.5yrs old they also found the starts of a little corrosion at the base of the A pillar. Just something to keep an eye on for you guy's with older cars.

• 9 months later...

Well, with all the crap on the road now winter is here, just thought I'd pull this one up again.

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

found that I have caught the front wheel arch & bumper on my garage wall - ARSE!!!! - That's it, re-spray in spring !!!!)

I'm really glad I did not get that done in the spring as by summer, Toyo would be doing it again :p

:D

Watch out for crap along the rear of the roof; and also the small drain points that sit between the rear light housins. I found them blocked with mud today. Also small leaves get jammed along the roof drains. Use a small paintbrush to clean muck out.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...