The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rant rant rant

TLicense

OK,

The rant switch has fimrly been depressed and is ON.

To start with, I picked my car up from Quality re-paint just exactly 1 week ago today, after having a complete re-spray in the stock colour. (They did a pretty good job by the way) So have been a little protective of the car of late.....

So today I park my car at work as per usual in the morning. I go out at lunch time (1pm), and think, hmmm it's a little hot. I'll wind down the windows and let the air in for the afternoon. (Our factory is on our own secure site)

At 6:10, someone comes up to me and says I had better move my car, as the groundsman has put a sprinkler hose just in front of it, and it's had water been sprinkled over it all afternoon.

You guessed it, I go out, the interior is soaked. The water has basically been pissing in all afternoon. We live in a hard water area, and there was water marks all over the car. I've just been out, polishing them out for the last 3 hours.

However, my lovely gybson and boyne re-upholstered seats now are covered in water marks (drivers side mostly) and the rear seats look a mess.

I've complained to the guy in charge of facilities. Now we have a sign up in the car park saying that users of the car park do so at their own risk, and the company will not be held liable for any damages sustained or some such pish.

Now I've been told that these kind of notices aren't worth feck all. By supplying a service (in this case parking spaces) they are accepting a duty of care. Obviously this duty should extend to not trying to fuck my paintwork and interior.

Incidentally, the sprinkler was left on spraying Frank's daughters car, over the really hot May bank holiday, and it took all the laquer of the side it was spraying on. The company repaired this, so, surely they should pay for any repairs I require??

Right, that's it. Rant off.

That's a bitch mate! The facilities noddy-guy should've used abit of common sense. "Oh look! A car with open windows ... I'll start the sprinkler next to it."

What did he say when you had a word ? I'd have a chat with the facilities manager and bring HR into it.

A guy at Nokia got his car nicked from one of the on-site multistorey carparks. The twats jumped the fences and then walked into the carpark - stole the car .. and calm as cucumbers drove out of Nokia's security gates! None of them were wearing security badges.

Now - how stupid is that ?

Why was he watering the car park? Sounds like a clear case of incompetence to me.

By the way, those "At your own risk" signs have no legal standing whatsoever. We have them in the car parks of all our stores (350+ stores) and customers are always damaging each other's cars, usually with trolleys, and pissing off before the victim comes back - we always end up footing the bill.

A guy at Nokia got his car nicked from one of the on-site multistorey carparks.

Sorry to hear about the car, Tony. Some people just are clueless. Have a word with the HR director.

Christian - you're working at Nokia? Doing what? Just professional curiosity :)

I hate this kind of thing. The worst one for me used to be council mowers - you know those tractor type jobbies with massive rotating blades.

Well they used to use them RIGHT next to the carpark and of course they chuck up loads of stones and bits of crap on the cars.

Used to drive me wild!

It wasn't intentional, just incompetant.

I park just in front of a 3 foot wide strip of grass, they've recently re-turfed a lot of the site, so are trying to stop the grass from dieing in the sun.

They had problems about 1 week ago, and so sent an e-mail saying the sprinklers were going to be on a timer that should be turning on about 11pm or so and turning off around 7am IIRC. Someone's obviously cocked it up.

I managed to polish up the paintwork no problems. I'm going to have to give the leather a good going over this evening. Gggrrrrrr. :complain:

I'm still waiting to hear back from the head groundsman, he's usually quite good at sorting these kind of things out.

The "no blame here" sign has been there for years. I was told at college that legally they're not worth feck all, but it's a deterant. I always chuckle when I see those kinds of signs.

Rosie,

Nope it was still two tone, and under lots of polythene sheets to cover it. I was going to see about getting some pics, but I didn't get there 'till gone 7pm and the guys were trying to get home. They had stayed that late specially for me, so I didn't want to hold them up any more.

Why was he watering the car park? Sounds like a clear case of incompetence to me.

By the way, those "At your own risk" signs have no legal standing whatsoever. We have them in the car parks of all our stores (350+ stores) and customers are always damaging each other's cars, usually with trolleys, and pissing off before the victim comes back - we always end up footing the bill.

Jake, is this true, and does it apply to supermarkets.

Just wondering because my mates car was scratched (presume a trolley) in one a couple of weeks ago. Obviously no-one around after it.

He ended up getting the wing resprayed. But could he have claimed for the repair from the supermarket?

He'll be gutted if he could have.